1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Uprising, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

There is no other team I despise as much as I do the Mavericks. But damn. Are they actually becoming legit?

I still don't like their chances in a 7 game series in the playoffs, but man. They are really on a roll.

they are up 95-60 over the HEAT right now, not to forget they are on a 12 game winning streak! :eek:

#1 Uprising, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  2. aexchange

aexchange Member

the mavs suck. they play no d. dirk is soft.

3. aexchange

aexchange Member

figured i'd just spew all the same, tired rhetoric that is usually spewed before anyone else had the opportunity to.

4. jlwee

jlwee Member

I know most the rockets fans HATE mavs because of last playoffs series.

But serious, you have to admit, mavs are gettin better and better under avery johnson in his 2nd season as head coach. Their D may not be good but they are definitely gettin better and better. Dirk is soft but they play great team defense.

Can the Great Van Gundy who is proud of his defense holds Heat under 80 points???

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: When will people start giving Avery Johnson some respect?

Rocket River

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

I think Avery is a very good coach. I wont be suprised to see he leads Mavs to stun Spurs in the seven game series ....

7. Uprising

Avery is like that guy who took over the Pistons. I don't know who's coaching them, but LB already had that team set up.

Just like Avery did when he showed up, the pieces were there already.

One heck of a lopsided game by the Mavs.

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

mavs suxxxxxxxxxxxx

9. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

I hate the Mavs. I won't deny that right now they are unquestionably the best team in the NBA. But I still hate them, and I hope they all die in the first round of the playoffs. :)

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

No team with Stackhouse and Van Horn playing serious minutes will ever win a championship.

If Van Horn hadn't gotten injured in Game 3 of the Rockets series last year, the Rockets would have won that series.

11. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

12 wins in a row, and after playing at Denver tomorrow night, they have 6 straight home games, play at San Antonio, then 3 more home games. They could end up with a 21-2 stretch. From then on, they play a ton of road games to finish up the season.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

My least favorite team in the league: I have a passionate dislike for them. BUT, they are clearly the hottest team in the NBA right now, and they look every bit like a legitimate contender. If fact, I have seen them play several times, and the are "scary," maybe the best team in the league right now. Boy, that erks me! :mad:

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

man i would feel sorry for van horn read this. thats just cold haha :eek:

14. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Like Barkley says, the Mavs are built to be a good regular season team, they're not built for the playoffs to beat the Spurs. They still don't play good defense. They're just a bunch of scorers. The Spurs will cream them.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hate them too, but you can't deny they are REALLY good. Can you imagine if they hadn't let Nash get away? :eek:

I still don't think they are a team built for the playoffs. I just can't see anyone other than the spurs coming out of the West. The spurs are a team built for the playoffs.

16. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Muck Favericks...

I will repeat this until the day I am gone.

I dislike them so much, that its sickening. I dont care how well they do or how good they are, I just dislike anything dallas related. Cowboys, mavericks, even my best friends from college that are from dallas i dislike 1% less because they are from that city. Whats worse is that I cant even explain this hatred or dislike...all i know is that i feel this way and am pretty proud of it. Short sighted..yes, close minded, yes..but I really dont care because the mavs are the spawn of the anti-christ.

Yes, i'm just playing, but i hate the mavs more with each minute that goes by :D

17. Uprising

Exactly, I still can't believe I started a thread entitled Mavericks....in which I wasn't insulting them. :eek: :eek:

But man, they are really on a roll. They look really good, but I don't expect much from them in the playoffs.

18. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

A few words come to mind, and girls usually hate when you do it. Oh yeah, "peaking too early"

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Muck the Favericks and the horse they rode in on.

I would soooooooooo love to get the #8 seed, matchup against Dallas, kick 'em out of the playoffs and watch Cuban scream, moan, and tear that team apart. But unfortunately, I'm not even sure if we can make the playoffs, and even if we get there, it's hard to think that we'd have the goods based on how we've been playing lately.

20. YAMAS

YAMAS Contributing Member

And a team with Howard and Wesley will? Come on guy. If we had those two we might of won a few games with Yao and Tracy out. Not that they are great, but better than what we have. Van Horn can stroke the three and stretch the defense and Stackhouse although old can create his own shot. Something our team is lacking outside of our superstars.