1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Candidates for 2016

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by chrispbrown, May 17, 2013.

1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

In response to the Democrats in the "running" thread a little while back, lets discuss who are the early republican candidates for the 2016 presidency.

I like Christie the most so far. I think it would be interesting to see if anyone attacks his gastric bypass, pretty low but wonder if anyone would go there.

We also have Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio...let me know who you think has the best shot and why!

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

My money is on Bob Dole. He's long overdue for a comeback.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dick Cheney.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Explains the recent media appearances..

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I would include Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal, Susanna Martinez

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hasn't Christie been black balled by the party for thanking Obama for federal aid after the hurricane?

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Joffrey Baratheon?

probably too young:p

1 person likes this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Jeb Bush is a possibility.

Still appears as if Rick Perry is going to make a run (at embarrassing the s*** out of our state) again.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

No.

Next,

I think Rubio has set himself up well with his gang of 8 legislation.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ted Cruz, superstar

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Only temporarily. Christie is still a prominent Republican with a lot of support.

I see Rubio as more of a VP candidate right now, but a lot can change.

12. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am guessing Rand Paul, with an attempt to show diversity by naming Rubio as VP candidate.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Christie. Electable, especially in the North East. However the North East does not control the pulse of the Republican party, he will not get support to win the Nomination. The Republicans, as usual will want red meat and Christie won't give it to them.

Bobby Jindal. Appealing to the Republicans because he is a minority, a nice convenient band-aid on their larger racial issues. Unfortunately he is a wishy-washy moron.

Rick Perry. He will have plenty of ammo in his war chest, he will run on the Texas economy and say all the right things in the primaries.... unfortunately he ran 4 years too early and is probably tainted.

Marco Rubio. Has the right combo of compassion on immigration reform and fiscal responsibility. He is trying to walk the tight wire between common sense and the bat **** crazy bible bangers, that is not easy. He also is not a dynamic personality, but could deliver Florida.

Ted Cruz. A very accomplished and bright man, with a HUGE pair of balls. Being a "minority" will appeal to some Republicans looking for validation that they are not racist. Problem is that it is unlikely he will carry much of the hispanic vote and comes off as a huge *******.

Jeb Bush. Your 2016 Republican nominee. Wash that Bush clan turd smell off from almost a decade ago and you have a relatively moderate candidate, that supports small buisness, has strong hispanic ties, is in the perfect state and has the pedigree to be accepted by the bat **** crazy wing of the party and also appeal to the fiscal conservative crowd. His position on immigration reform will help erase the black eye on the Republican party.

15. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

The only Republican I'd consider voting for is Rand Paul, simply because he's like his dad.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Bionic Dick Cheney

[​IMG]

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Olympia Snowe

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. bucket

bucket Member

If the field of candidates is limited to those guys, Hillary can probably just vacation from now til the debates. IMHO.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

She'd be crazy to have your opinion.