1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starters Get Us Down, Bench brings us back *Hayes, Head*

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Feb 1, 2006.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I been noticing, the slow starts are killing the Rockets, Juwan is usually a open door to basket always, and not that aggressive. Wesley is in straight defender mode. Those two kill us, we get down by 10-15, then Van Gundy finally brings in Hayes or Head or both, and the game speeds up...looks so much smoother..more hustle. Why does he wait SO DAMN LONG..like DAMN START LETTING US GET DOWN BY 20. I say start Hayes...bring Juwan off bench as 3rd scorer.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

having juwan in there to start can help spread the floor for yao esp in the beginning of games.. juwan has a sweet mid range jumper defenders cant leave wide open.. just a possibility. but I'm sure having hayes start wouldn't hurt you EITHER

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Juwan and Wesley were lifeless out there to begin the game as was Mcgrady but he gets a free pass because of his back and well he's Mcgrady. Howard and Wesley's age is really starting to show. I think we'll see less and less of Juwan if Hayes continues to progress and less and less of Wesley when Anderson comes back. Also, Mutumbo in the limited minutes he is out there, brings the offense to a halt. We should see much less of him as Yao get his wind back and plays more minutes. The key though is Wesley and Howard who are in the starting lineup, they are the ones who I think are responsible for the Rockets uninspired play to start games. It's just without a trade, and players still out, the Rockets don't have many other options to choose from.