1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American "Shields" Learning the Truth in Baghdad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sinohero, Mar 22, 2003.

1. sinohero

sinohero Member

I don't need to give any comments.

UPI report Lucky Break for Jordan

2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Oh now that's obviously a propaganda piece put forth by American big businesses and the military to justify High Chief Bush Jr.'s assertion that we should invade the socially liberal paradise of Iraq and it's understanding leader. I think we should send in UN inspectors to check the veracity of this report, and then vote to see if the rest of the world believes it before we act on it.

There, did I get everyone's objections to this selection out of the way? If not please add on to it. Personally, I think it shows that the "human shields" saw that things might actually be BETTER in Iraq when the American military (ordered by George W. Bush, not "Bush Jr." or "Bush II") moves in and replaces the head madman in charge with some form of government that is actually supported by, and answerable to, the people they are supposed to represent. The extremes they are willing to go to show how desperate at least some are for change.

3. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I don't understand why these threads are largely ignored. :confused:

Thanks for the article sinohero.

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Hard to argue with that. Go USA.

5. Possum

Possum Member

Because it doesn't favor the tree huggers stance. ;) I hope this guy really has video to back his claims. Until then its easily dismissed.:(

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Arnaud De Borchgrave is definately not a shill for Bush. I've been doing a little quick research, and:

#1. He is an expert on international relations, having been chief foreign correspondent including covering 7 tours in Vietnam. He is also former editor-in-chief of the Washington Post, as well as a senior advisor to the relatively neutral "Center for Stratigic and International Studies" and a well respected author of several books on international relations. Furthermore he also played a role in starting the peace process between Israel and Egypt with a series of interviews he did with Anwar Sedat and Golda Mayer. In otherwords the guy is for real.

#2. He has been very critical of the war against Iraq in the past, saying it is to...

In that context this is a pretty powerful endorsement.

7. sinohero

sinohero Member

My googling of the pastor in question, Ken Joseph:

Here is an essay he wrote for PCANews.com, presumably before his entry into Iraq.

The Forgotten Christians of Iraq

He was still harboring pro-Sadam illusions then, excerpt:

Pretty dramatic turnaround in opinion. Funny how reality can hit a person.

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

They had to hump their luggage 1.8 miles across no-man's-land on foot to Al Karama, the first Jordanian outpost. From there, they were bused to the tent city at the Ruwaished refugee camp, 36 miles inside Jordan.

That does say 1 point 8 miles not 18 miles, right? Give me a break!!!

U.S. fighter bombers took out the only gas station between Baghdad and the border, a distance of 600 kilometers. The one-camel village of Ramadi was also the only phone booth on the desert road and a Jordanian was killed by the explosion of the gas station while making a call to his parents in Amman to let them know he was on his way home.

What makes it ok for America to kill innocent people from other countries, but not ok for other countries to kill Americans?:confused:

9. sinohero

sinohero Member

When you can't argue with 'em, nitpick and distract 'em.

--anti-war camp strategy next week after Iraqis are dancing in the streets of Baghdad

You heard from me first.

10. BobFinn*

Where are these "Chemical Weapons"? I'm sure Bush will find them....somewhere:rolleyes:

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I suppose that we shouldn't have liberated the Jews in Germany in the 1940s because "some" innocent people got killed?

You are a strange, strange man.

I'm pretty sure that's unlikely since Bush won't be looking. One has to look for something in order to find it. I'm fairly certain that some of our troops or one of the other 48 nations in the coalition will.

12. sinohero

sinohero Member

nitpick and distract :rolleyes:

Finn seems determined to make my prediction come into reality. The stupidity of peaceniks is truly astounding. :D :cool:

13. BobFinn*

I'm the strange one? What the hell does that have to do with what I posted? Maybe you should go back and re-read what I posted.

14. sinohero

sinohero Member

Laughter and tears as troops liberate village

Excerpt:

Some in the West, however, would never appreciate the thrill and joy of freedom.

15. sinohero

sinohero Member

16. sinohero

sinohero Member

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I love this picture!! :)

18. Heretic

Heretic Member

Proof that outside of Brazil, only ugly people dance in the streets.

19. sinohero

sinohero Member

Cynicism alert: high.:D

20. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Here are some things to set your cynicism alert even higher:

"I pray for peace."

--President George W. Bush, in a news conference on March 6, 2003

"Feels good."

--President George W. Bush, while "pumping his fist," just before a televised speech announcing the war on Iraq, March 19, 2003

(links for above and below at www.needlenose.com)

[​IMG]

--Caption courtesy of the Washington Post: "... Donald H. Rumsfeld, now defense secretary, whose December 1983 meeting with Hussein as a special presidential envoy paved the way for normalization of U.S.-Iraqi relations. Declassified documents show that Rumsfeld traveled to Baghdad at a time when Iraq was using chemical weapons on an "almost daily" basis in defiance of international conventions."