1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Andrew Bogut says Rockets play dirty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jan 27, 2015.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Bogut told KNBR the Rockets resorted to &quot;cheap shots&quot; last week. &quot;If (opponents) want to throw those, I'll throw 'em back.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/560174570385055744">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Bogut to KNBR: &quot;We told our guys in the timeouts in that HOU game, 'If you have an open layup or an open dunk, just be careful.'&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/560175102734503937">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Bogut to KNBR on Houston game: &quot;Try to go off two feet, Don't go off one, because they're probably going to take us out.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/560175517416951808">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Bogut on tough guys: &quot;It's just so fake. 'You don't know where I'm from.' 'You ain't about that life.' You hear it every other game.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/560176024814514177">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Boguts one of the dirtiest players in the league.

Wasn't it Draymond Green who tackled Douglas or Beverely from shooting that 3 in the record-tying 3 game?

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Got a bit chippy that game, but don't know if I saw anything I'd quantify as dirty

4. Misigns

Misigns Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Takes one to know one.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is this the same team that resorted to ridiculously hard fouls to keep the Rockets from breaking a 3 point record?

If anything, the Rockets didn't play physical enough. Dwight and co. were being bodied the whole game. This happens a lot with Dwight. He gets the Shaq-bodied treatment. But he's nowhere near Shaqs size, so it actually beats him down and he gets moved... then Dwight will push back, give an elbow to have the defender get back, etc. and get called for a foul.

Memo to Bogut, the Warriors and the rest of the league.. .even the Rockets players if they don't know.

You are just as physical and dirty if your constantly bodying bodying bodying with force as you are if you are "pushing" someone doing that off.

Curry, you set a dirty hard screen on Ariza. Yeah, he bumped you on the way back, that screen could have cost him some serious time. That **** hurts... a lot. A lot more than a fake bump...

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Tired of the Warriors. Tired of Bogut's voice, Kerr's smirk, Thompson's scar, Curry's laughter, and Guber's opinion on films.

2 people like this.
  8. conquistador#11

same warriors that resorted to cheap shots when we broke the 3pt records on them three seasons ago. seems like yesterday.

9. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

F Bogut. I'm so glad they have so much money locked into a guy who can't even stay on the floor. F the Warriors.

10. Pete the Cheat

man I want a piece of these guys in the playoffs...

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

For being so good they sure whine a lot.

2 people like this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Andrew Bogut resorts to dirty play and cheap shots as his primary means of earning a living.

13. CertifiedTroll

The only thing that was dirty was that Stephen wasn't ejected for going after Ariza. That should have been his second T.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

They seem to be obsessed with us. Whatever.....regular season doesn't mean anything....just ask the Spurs. Morey will make a big splash before the trade deadline and we will be on equal footing with GSW.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is so incredibly ridiculous. I don't think we have a single guy on our team who would intentionally set out to undercut or otherwise injure an opponent -- and I don't think I'm being a homer when I say that. The suggestion that they had to have some "guard your limbs" warning speech during timeouts is so, so lame.

16. dkocich87

dkocich87 Member

Haha this is great. I like that we are getting underneath some skin. It just means we're tough. And I definitely don't mind taking this generation's "Bad Boys" label.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They get away with murder in the paint based solely on their record and Kerr's b-tching on the sidelines(plus his 5 rings). I don't wanna hear it from the Warriors. If they dominate their way through the playoffs and win the whole thing(or at least get to the Finals), props to em. But until then, shut the hell up and play.

Same goes for the Rockets, BTW. They need to keep their traps closed. Harden saying the Warriors aren't that good. Parsons last season bragging he was better than Batum. Dwight trashing the Lakers. Just play ball and let your game do the talking.

18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Ha. Yeah, I sometimes wish the Rockets played like this. Is Bogut hallucinating that he's playing in 1972 or something?

19. bmd

bmd Member

I didn't see anything dirty.

And "jump off two feet because they might take you out"? When has a Rockets player ever "taken someone out" when they go up for a dunk or lay-up?

20. smr6

smr6 Member

laughable coming from anyone on the Warriors.