1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] 06 Preseason Gm1: Rox v Grizz 10/10/06

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

contrary to tigermission's declaration, Im not in mid-season form just yet, or I wouldn't have had to run the encode twice. :(

but your patience has been rewarded...

Rox v Grizz full game torrent

Rox v Grizz clip vid

Since this is the first video posting of the season, and we have plenty of members who weren't here last year, Im posting all important notes about this in this thread, and will just refer back to it in future threads.

NOTES:

1) As most of you know, the videos are encoded with the xvid codec and are being made available using the bittorrent p2p protocol, so if you arent sure what that means, check this FAQ written by droxford for help or post here if you still have trouble.

Dont forget the need to seed...seeding is so important to bittorrent working right.
    Just imagine if no one seeded, then there would be no one to download from... torrents aren't fully dependant on a dedicated server like a regular download is, imagine if you came in after the initial seed time...and no one had stuck around to seed....there would not be anything for you to download.
    If you download the video and immediately close your bittorrent program....you suck and should die...only about 40% of the downloaders seed and that sucks...we can do better than that.

but a BIG thanks to those of you that always seed...you know who you are, and you rule.:cool:

Dont be a leech(someone who doesn't seed).....leeches suck. and they make baby Jesus cry.

2) if you download via a yousendit link....you really need to re-upload to yousendit and post the link here...it is most uncool to leech that and not return the favor...those links are only good for 25 downloads apiece.

3) if you are trying to play it on Windows Media Player, Quicktime, or RealPlayer and it still wont play after you install the xvid codec ..I would recommend using:

Media Player Classic
    BS player(scroll down to get free BS Player)
    VLC Player

4) the Need To Feed the Tipjar (See my sig) is a ever-present need...if this server doesnt receive support, you never know when one day it might go away...and then where would you be? Clutch cant do everything for us...lets give the man a hand.

one last thing.....I will always have my seed running until the next game...so even if your client is not showing a seed...rest assured that is wrong...mine is running and will be until the next game...thats how I always do it.

2. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

Thanks alot Yo!

3. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

thanks as always r2k...looking forward to the rest

4. butch mcrae

butch mcrae Member

much appreciated, i have to see that first quarter again...the speed...the movement.

5. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

arg.... I'm at a university and it blocks torrents... sucks cause I missed the game too

6. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

I already downloaded and am currently seeding the highlights video so I may or maynot get this one but thanks for posting it, look forward to other games you manage to get up this upcoming season.

7. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

8. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I think I will take the technician out for dinner and invite a hot girl along too. Luckily, he's a Wizards fan.

9. istream

istream Member

if only we could have this awesome torrent service, woudnt need league pass..thanks

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If we could find someone rich enough to afford the bandwidth costs of a direct download server, this wouldnt be a problem.

one other option...do you know if usenet(newsgroups) are blocked? I suppose we could theoretically post the full games to a newsgroup that would allow uni-blocked fans to download them. Only problem would be the delay...since it would require that someone upload them to a news server(which takes a few hours on a fast connection)

Getting on the good side of IT guys with power over your internet connection is ALWAYS a good thing :D

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sorry for my ignorance but I have no idea what you are talking about! I am most unfamiliar with most of the jagon being used.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

being more specific about what you are having trouble with would go a long way towards someone helping you understand...but the first step I recommend to you would be to read drox's FAQ I linked in that post...he lays it out pretty basic.

adn of course....google is your friend..there are plenty of sites out there that lay out a basic explanation of bittorrent terms and concepts.

check a couple of them, note what you are having trouble understanding and come back and ask...your questions (and their resultant answers) could very well help someone else that doesnt bother to post and ask.

13. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

I don't know if this would be too much hassle for you, but I think you could ensure better quality if rocketredrockers.net was a private tracker instead of a public one. That way you can automatically purge memberships of people who aren't sharing at a proper ratio. People tend to leach quite a bit on public trackers.

Torrentbits seems to be the software of choice for most private trackers:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tbsource/
    http://www.tbdev.net/

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

hash, it is a private tracker...in the sense that only torrents I clear can be used with it. IF someone creates a torrent and puts my tracker addy in it...it will not work.

If Im misunderstanding what you mean..please elaborate.

15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

THANK YOU R2K, you don't know how much this means for us out of towners!!!!

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

we all try to bring something to the table for this site...where would we be without your graphics genuis? :)

hash,

on further thgouht, it occured to me you were referrig to a membership only tracker...which honestly would be way more work than Im able to give at this point.
    If I could find someone who has experience running a private membership tracker (that I could trust) it woudl be a no-brainer. The guy that used to run our old tracker hasnt got the time to deal with it (thats why the old one went byebye) and between work, family and dealing with the actual creation of the vids...I just dont have enough hours in the day. :(

For now, Ill just trust the goodness of our fellow clutchfans to do the right thing and seed as much as they can.
    Its just a matter of educating them to the need for seeders.

17. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

Private in the sense that no one who isn't a member of your site can download the torrents on your tracker. Anyone can click on that link you posted, download the torrent file and start a download. Private trackers work best in situations like this because it's a niche service and you wouldn't have to worry about begging people to share and how leeching is bad.

edit: i just saw your last post after i responded, so you understand what i'm talking about.

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

R2K, you are too humble. Looks like you are in midseason ala T-mac form already.

As always, thanks for the video. Looking forward to the season!

PS - love the shots of the dancers, I think Clutch has the best job of all. :D

19. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Quick Question: Is this the version from FSN?

20. matty101

matty101 Member

Rockets2k...how do you keep under your dl limit man.. thats the only reason why i dont download game torrents coz its eats my dl limit.