1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[All-Star 2015] Dunk contest participants revealed

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Jan 27, 2015.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

IT'll be impressive to see a 3 ball dunk in the dunk contest.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wanted to kill myself while watching that

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

It's already dead years ago.

4. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Damn, I think the All Star weekend needs some major fixing. Here's what you have to do, let Coaches pick the All Stars to get the best product on the court and let fans pick for the Dunk Contest and thus you get to see players like Lebron, Griffin, Green, etc

5. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Mason Plumblee had a 36" vert via draftexpress, now it's probably closer 40

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Players still won't be forced to participate so letting the fans pick is a wash.

And maybe these guys have something good

7. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

you can put it in the contracts or something, plus most stars would kinda do it because fans want them to. and any new system is better than this

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Got a feeling it will be all the non dunkers that get in.

Scola, Hayes, Bonner and Jameer Nelson

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Does everyone think that Mason is just like some dopy weak white boy hahah? The Plumlees are all ridiculous athletes, some of the blocks and dunks they have had have been nasty, don't sleep on Mason in this contest. It's an OK lineup I think, Lavine is a nasty dunker and it will be interesting to see what Greek Freek comes up with.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I've also heard a lot of the big name players don't want to do the contest because it's a big pain in the ass? Like a lot of extra media stuff they don't want to put up with. Sounds like a lame excuse to me.

11. Lovemachine2000

To those Plumlee defenders, it's not that people are saying he's just a slow big white boy, it's simply that most big guys don't do well in dunk contests. Sure you can throw out Howard and Griffin as counter examples, but Plumlee isn't nearly as athletic as those exceptional big athletes.

12. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Such a dissapointing roster. It'd be more entertainting to watch Troy Daniels trying to dunk. Excited for Giannis though, that mans a monster

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Was just watching something on nba tv about great moments during all star weekend.

There have beens guys that have done the free throw line dunk. Dr J, Michael Jordan, Brent Barry, Vince Carter are the ones that have. The only problem is that they crossed the stripe.

I think Greek can do it. He can jump but more importantly, his arms. I hope he tries to dunk from behind the line.

14. torocan

torocan Member

I've lost interest in the dunk contest in recent years. The best dunkers don't participate any more so you end up watching 2nd tier players and rookie/sophomores. (LBJ... COUGH)

And that's not even considering how the dunks have increasingly become cheesy prop shows instead of great dunks.