1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Reddit] Chad Ford/ESPN Changes Draft Rankings Retroactively

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BMoney, Jan 24, 2015.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

When asked about the edits Chad Ford replied: "I'm embarrassed to talk about the amount of time I've put into this."

I can't imagine revisiting previous draft rankings. I guess a few people might do it to check how reliable he is at assessing talent.

2. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

3. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

LOL, what a tool.

4. macho87

macho87 Member

Chad Fraud.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN on the Chad Ford rankings/re-rankings story: &quot;We are aware of the issue and we're looking into it.&quot;</p>&mdash; Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) <a href="https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/559430098722766848">January 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More from ESPN on Chad Ford: &quot;We are in the process of restoring the rankings to the original form.&quot;</p>&mdash; Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) <a href="https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/559430938590195712">January 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Everyone deserves second chances, sort of like his draft board.

1 person likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

FRAUD!

[rQUOTEr]ESPN Statement After reviewing the post on Reddit today, we have found that changes were made manually to Chad Ford’s NBA Draft prospects rankings. We have not been able to determine who made the changes, or when. We have talked to Chad Ford, who strongly denies any involvement, and based on his past work and professionalism, we believe him. Our review will continue but it is unclear at this time if we will be able to ascertain who was responsible.[/rQUOTEr]

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"nobody knows anything about anything" is the en vogue crisis management strategy (Benghazi, IRS, Deflategate, etc)

it seems to work

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not surprised in the least. I think about Chad's moral code every time ESPN launches the Chad Ford "Lottery Machine".

1 person likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

I'd like to retroactively predict that I won't do well with the ladies in college.

Tune in Next Monday for Chad Ford's Super Bowl pick everyone. Hear it’s going to be a real doozy.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Cook wasn't allowed to replicate his practice performances in actual games, other players went to Stern and it was decided that unleashing Cook's real powers would lead to his team winning the Chip each year and effectively murdering the TV and audience rates. Only very few people know of this, as it's top secret.

Cook should be remembered as the true GOAT and hailed for NOT destroying the league.
    Still receives checks from the 2k years stars and owners.

1 person likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So you didn't take him up on the offer for cash/advertising?

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its a pretty shameful for sure. The first thing I thought when I saw this was "Wow... did you really think NOBODY would notice", and "Why do you really care?". Its the draft... its not supposed to be an exact science. Things happen.

I think you remove this situation out of the equation, and all of the ill things plaguing his reputation, and the guy actually does a pretty good job following the draft. For the guys that don't want to follow college B-Ball all year long, he can give you a good crash course a few weeks leading up to the draft. That's what is sad about this.

So my question to Chad would be Why the Need to do this? Are you that insecure that you can't ever live up to being wrong about something?

As for the Ethics with Clutch in the past, I find it pretty funny. But wondering how Clutch responded, and how it went from there. If Chad offered Clutch something, got info, and then went around that agreement to basically steal IP, that's a huge deal. However the line is very, very grey out there in the corporate world as it pertains to IP. See Zuckerburg and Facebook for example. In my line of work, we see it all the time where all people do is take what we do, change around a couple words here and there, and sell it on their own.

It happens, it sucks, but I guess in this case, at least Chad came up in front and told Clutch... "Hey... I want this IP, and I'm going to find a way to get it so speak now or forever hold your peace". Would like to see Clutch get more credit for this because it was pretty ingenious at the time especially, but with ESPN I'm sure they would rather fire Chad and hire someone else than quote another website for their "ideas". Even if Chad wanted to give Clutch credit, I'm sure he would never be able to under the ESPN umbrella.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cook Only Fan?

15. CertifiedTroll

FordGate begins!

16. CertifiedTroll

So, did you get any benefits from this?

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just acknowledging an often forgotten legend of the game.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am very impressed.

Not just at the whole "lottery machine" thing, but how you have handled this afterward.

Respect.

19. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

*declines comment*

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bah, c'mon Kelly, if you are going to go through the effort to post, post a comment.