1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We don't know how to win.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Apr 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So I just read on article on ESPN where Howard says the key to winning the series is "Demanding the ball in the post so we can play inside out""

How can anyone think this?

I just don't get it. We score enough. 21 shots for Howard (game 1) is probably a few too many shots for him honestly. We played like dog **** and almost won.

Play defense and rebound on the defensive end. I much rather would have seen an article with Howard calling for a greater impact from himself on that end.

I don't feel confident about winning this series anymore.

2. Orange

Orange Member

Who is we???

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I believe in the talent, I don't trust the coach.

4. hltiki

hltiki Member

Media coverage is on superstars, thus superstars must win the game.

We all know though that there is more to it.

5. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Dude think this way, they won by 2 point with all the mess that happen with the Refer's with their man player scoring 46 and they still only won by 2 really? We be ok.... and it was only 1 game.. geez

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

We could win this series or could not. You never know since the Rockets are unstable and unpredictable.

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You're correct that defense and rebounding are way bigger needs than post scoring for success.

However, it's silly to go off one quote and decide that it indicates Dwight and/or the Rockets have misplaced priorities. For all you know the full quote could have been “We have to play inside out, play their bigs and make it a long night for those guys. I have to demand the ball, get it and go to work. Oh, yeah, and we really, really, really need to defend with intensity every play and box out for rebounds. That too." The media, even the relatively respectable Feigen who originated this quote here, take whatever parts suit them. If you spend 45 minutes praising your teammates and then say "sometimes the effort slips with our perimeter guys", I promise only one part of that gets printed. Same deal.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

See Wesley Mathews attacking Harden.

See Howard attacking Aldridge.

Make Aldridge play defense and wear him out.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*
    Defense. *clap clap*

10. chandlerbang21

Dwight stepped up second half while harden got abused on offense and defense. Matthews will attack him next game also so harden better be ready

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with Dwight. Late in the 4th and during overtime, we just started chucking. Dwight was dominating, he should have gotten the ball more.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Three jump hooks and a free throw each quarter. That's the blueprint that will devour the BBQ chicken.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

howard started off bad, not hitting the boards hard and going 1-7...

but in the 2nd half he stepped up strong !!! i saw wayyy more effort on the boards and he was getting his buckets. what he needs to do is focus on going hard from the tip, dont wait until the second half, portlands bigs just looked like they wanted rebounds more and thats bad if youre at home and always talk about wanting win.

please dont try to force and shoot 30 shots next game, harden will become less interested and this can lead to some real issues

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We know how to win but don't know how to execute a play coming out of a timeout.

15. conquistador#11

if i don't demand bol, it's on me. it's on me, stephen. it's on me.

i loved it when hakeem demanded bol but dwight isn't quite on hakeem's level.

maybe it's hakeem that has howard thinking he needs to demand bol? makes sense.

if dwight does get 41 shots instead of 21, he better make them at a .517 rate.

16. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

well "demand the ball" meaning he'll play better? I'll take that...

17. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Every team got a road win except for Dallas (who was close, n plays tonight) n Bobcats, who also have a chance to steal one on the road.

So it didn't just happen to us.

18. yummyhawtsauce

Is that your predicting what McHale is going say during the time outs? :grin:

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

plays tomorrow***

20. yummyhawtsauce

Prediction*