1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity Members mock thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Wattafan, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I haven,t noticed a thread for you guys n gals to put your mocks.
    You can place 'em here - be they Texans 7 rounders or complete mocks - whatever tickles your fancy!
    This is my personal favourite and yes, it is my own, but let me tell you why.
    It is aggressive.
    Why sit back and wait for a championship to come to you? Go out there and grab it by the horns!
    Who said we can't be winners next season? That is a LOSING attitude!
    Texans 7 round mock:-
    1. Jadeveon Clowney - OLB - No brainer - has the potential to turn a defense around. Texans NEED more pass rush.
    2. RaShead Hageman - DT. Texans will draft a quality DT/NT in this draft. Let's get some nasty up front!
    3. Aaron Murray - QB. Smart and regularly throws a back shoulder to die for. Has a tight spiral.
    4. Jack Mewhort - RT. Lets get that right side solidified so the RB can run on that side too!
    4b. Marcus Roberson - CB. Replacing McCain with Roberson automatically improves our secondary as does the front line pass rush.
    5. Andrew Jackson - ILB. Texans fans will love this kids tackling and ability to get through the line.
    5b. De'Anthony Thomas - RB. (Trade up)Texans need some speed. The Black Mamba will be out to prove himself and can be used on ST's as a punt returner as well.
    6. Ben Gardner - DE. A very nice prospect in the lower rounds.

You will likely NEVER fill every hole in a teams needs - every team has a weakness somewhere but this defense will trouble offenses no like nobody's business - Watt, Clowney, Hageman, Cushing, Mercilus and co. will wreak havoc. A formidable front will indirectly help heal the secondary.
    Add your own mock or pick mine! :cool:

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yours looks pretty good.

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Appreciate it dude.
    Seriously, the Texans were expected to be a contender last year and the wheels fell off.
    I think FO and HC are showing some smarts in this off season so I am encouraged for the next season.
    They have a new HC, so that should eliminate the same old stale system we saw from the last regime.
    I am sure BOB will instill a new discipline that will cut the boneheaded penalties to a minimum and that will immediately reap HUGE dividends in my book.
    Cutting out the deadwood now and preparing for a big FA period next time around when it will be a strong class makes eminent sense.
    Texans have an opportunity to surprise a lot of people next season with some strong new talent and some key IR players returning so I cannot see why Texans do not have a nice turnaround next season.

4. Remii

Remii Member

I believe your feelings are going to be hurt because of such high expectations.

And Ra'shede in the 2nd round would be sweet but I seriously doubt he falls that far. Stephon might be there in the 2nd though.