1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Aruba77, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

man i wish we could find a way to pry this guy away from Milwaukee. With the right coaching, the sky's the limit for this kid.

The Milwaukee Bucks have assigned forward Larry Sanders to the NBADL.
    According to team officials the move is to give him more playing time and to "continue his skill development". Sanders had a brief stretch were he saw some starts including one with a near triple-double (14 points, 10 rebounds, eight blocks) but isn't ready to be a consistent contributor.
    Source: Milwaukee Bucks on Twitter
    Feb 20, 3:07 PM

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I definitely wouldn't mind it if the Rockets added him. But honestly, he'd just be in the same situation here. Even though this team is desperate for a big man, Adelman would probably wait until the very end of the season before even giving him a chance.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hope I don't derail the thread, but I don't get this sentiment. I'd venture to say that there are very few players in NBA history that failed due to a lack of NBA 'coaching'. Conversely I don't see many guys that succeeded solely due to an NBA coach. I'd ask for names, but there's pretty much no way to prove it either way.

4. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Why they don't play Larry over Gooden, Brockman and ilyasova is beyond me

5. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Because they are better all around players than him. I know his potential is enticing, but guys that are all potential and no skills rarely pan out.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That's fair. I guess what i was trying to say is that I think Larry Sanders is special, and if this kid works hard and they put in the work to develop him, then he could be a domninant NBA center some day.

1 person likes this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Hey now!

1 person likes this.
  8. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

I don't know how much you have watched Larry Sanders play, but he has a really unique skillset... they are also not looking like making playoffs this season so play youth, like what the rockets should be doing in a couple of weeks if we don't start winning

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody comes into the court learning how to do drop steps, jump hooks and dreamshakes. Nobody comes into the court learning how to box out properly and rebound without getting the ball stolen from you afterwards. Most importantly no one comes into the NBA knowing how to clog the paint and defend the elite of the elite.

You're right there's no way to prove it, however you only need to look at guys like Yao Ming to know how much coaches can make a difference in a player's skill level, esp. when the guy is extremely raw and depends on his talent 100% like Larry Sanders.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

And how is Yao unique in this regard? What did he learn from a particular coach that he wouldn't have learned from another NBA coach?