1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T.O, Bengals agree to one-year deal

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SuperHighFly, Jul 27, 2010.

1. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Terrell Owens has found an NFL home.

The Cincinnati Bengals and the controversial wide receiver agreed to a one-year contract Tuesday, according to multiple reports. The deal is worth $4 million ($2 million in base salary, $2 million in incentives), according to Profootballtalk.com.

Fellow Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco confirmed the news on his Twitter account with: "My homeboy is a Bengal all our games have been moved to pay-per-view."

The Bengals report for training camp Wednesday in Georgetown, Ky. Owens is expected to arrive for the first day of workouts Thursday.

The 36-year-old Owens is playing for his sixth NFL team. He played for the 49ers from 1996-2003, the Eagles from 2004-2005, the Cowboys from 2006-2008 and the Bills in 2009.

The Bengals signed free-agent WR Antonio Bryant to a four-year, $29 million deal back in March and were seemingly looking good at the receiver position. Bryant was signed to start opposite Ochocinco, but Bryant dealt with knee problems most of last season.

Those knee issues could have contributed to the Bengals move today. Owens earned $6.25 million as a member of the Buffalo Bills last season ($2.25 million in base salary, $4 million signing bonus), a source confirmed to FOXSports.com's Adam Caplan.

Owens, who visited the Bengals twice since March, also received interest from the St. Louis Rams and New York Jets.

Whether Owens can reach the $2 million incentives (based on receptions, yards and touchdowns, according to Profootballtalk.com) will depend in part on Bryant’s availability this season.

If Bryant is relatively healthy, this team could very well have the deepest receiver group in the NFL.

Owens is a five-time All-Pro and six-time Pro Bowler, but his last honor for each was in 2007. He is currently third all-time in career receiving touchdowns behind Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'm neutral on this move. However, if T.O. agrees to change his name to Ochouno, then I'll be excited.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Get cha popcorn ready.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I believe Owens still has the tools to be a good receiver in the NFL. The quarterback and offensive line play in Buffalo has been pretty horrid over the last several seasons, the weather isn't that great and Lee Evans who is a good wide receiver himself put up worse numbers than Owens last year despite be 7 years younger. I think too much was made of Owens' aging and decline and he'll be a dangerous weapon with Palmer throwing to him, Johnson on one side and Benson in the backfield. Should be interesting.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

They will be in the Superbowl no doubt.

6. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

I guess T.O. will get one year deals for the rest of his career.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm a Broncos and Bengals fan.

I think this is a good move for Cinci.

Carson Palmer to TO = money.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

not my favorite player but should be fun to watch opposite CJohnson.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhae5lzVm5n62APjQG"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhae5lzVm5n62APjQG" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Rest of the League should be afraid!

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Think this is a great move...relatively cheap and this team should put up a lot of points with this many options...

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

The td celebrations with to and ocho cinco should be gold

12. Asian Sensation

Ocho, TO, Matt Jones, Bryant (if healthy), Shipley (if he pans out). That's a lot of good options for Palmer to throw to. Where does this put him now in terms of top FF quarterbacks?

1-Brees
    2-Manning
    3-Rodgers
    4-Palmer?
    5-Brady
    6-Romo
    7-Schaub
    8-Rivers

I think 3-8 are all debatable.

13. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Rivers def has to be higher on the list , the guy has won in the playoffs and even went to AFC Championship game vs Pats . I agree Chargers have also choked , but Rivers is a beast !

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

They planned this 4 years ago like Bron and them.

15. Asian Sensation

While I can't disagree with what you said.... I said in terms of fantasy football.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Palmer - Wade

Ochocinco - LeBron

Owens - Bosh