1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bun B on the Rockets (ESPN's First Take)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by filamswag, Apr 22, 2014.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Rice University isn't laughing. I guess it doesn't matter to someone who clearly doesn't like Bun B.

4. FEAR THE BEARD

How do y'all not know Bun B. Dwight would be very disappointed. But I really like how much faith he has in Rockets.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Obviously you need to take some reading comprehension classes, because I clearly stated that I liked Bun B's music, which means I like him as an artist. But as a sports commentator and college professor, yes, it's an absolute joke. He comes off as a pathetic homer. Just listen to him dance around the issue of Harden's poor defense. You don't want someone who is intellectually dishonest in a college classroom. Then again, you were probably glued to your television after Sept. 11th when MTV interviewed Ja Rule to get his thoughts on the attack. :)

6. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

This what the sports media has come to? Surely there is many other people more qualified to talk about the Rockets than some rapper. What about someone that covers the team for a living?

7. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Anything to get the 'homie' crowd to watch their shows I suppose.

8. reliableman

reliableman Member

I mentioned this in the game 2 thread earlier. They left out the best part of this interview for the internet people!
    Bun B was asked what he thought of Dwight Howard being in Houston. He said that DH was a great player and a great member of the community. He went on to mention in passing that DH has a TV show, then SAS and SB started laughing and calling out DH for wanting to be a TV show host..I guess the people that don't have Comcast might not be aware that DH hosts a show for the network. Essentially they were questioning his commitment to basketball. I'm rooting for DH to bounce back big time in game 2. He played too timid in game 1. I expect him to step it up.
    Still wondering why they cut that part out for the online content???

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong. I was only interested in what Ja had to say about the economy.

1 person likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It sho is.

11. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Bun B was on First Take last year with SAS & Skip. I think around the same time, or right before playoffs started last year (and I'm pretty sure there was a thread about him being on First Take, the first time last yr).And they pretty much just asked the same questions (excluding Howard), talked more about Harden at that time. He is most definitely a bigtime Rockets fan, and yes a Homer too. But what do you expect? Bun B reps HTown to the fullest. One thing is for sure, the Rockets are the "trillest" team in the league. * if you're a fan of Bun B/UGK, then you'd understand that reference...

You gotta love his confidence in this Rockets team. He's a true fan...

12. reliableman

reliableman Member

Apologies if there's profanity in here. I didn't bother listening to the whole thing but Morey actually tweeted Bun B and requested this:
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1P8de9DhC_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

What makes him more qualified to talk about this team then anyone on this forum? Regardless of how many of use our homers. My point is...I rather see someone that covers the team for a living be on these 'sport' shows than ex-players that watch a couple of games or rappers or celebs.

It is the downfall of society and culture.

14. MichaelG281713

Why's everybody trippin'? It's just for fun.

We get talked bad about so much, it's just nice to hear somebody say something positive.

Get off the elitist **** too. Morey hit Bun up to do a three kings remix with Slim Thug. If Morey listens to his rap, it can't be that bad.

15. MichaelG281713

The downfall of society and culture is too many people have sticks where the sun don't shine.

Do you take Skip and SAS seriously? At the end of the day they're just fans like you and I. They just brighten up the show with some rappers from time to time. Not a big deal.

If you want better analysis, there's plenty of other programs and channels that have it.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

if you want actual journalism you are watching the wrong channel.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Sounds like Master P & No Limit rehash from the 90s.

18. dudeimfromhtown

He's on tour right now.

19. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

SAS just going off about Dwight's TV show was weird and awkward. Why did he make such a big deal about it? (rhetorical question, i know it's because it's Dwight Howard, nobody would give a damn if Lebron James had his own show)

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's campaigning to become the official ambassador of Houston. I think he does Annise Parker's nails and fixes tires on food trucks for a living now.