1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN 30 for 30

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Mar 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

ESPN doesn't produce very much quality programming but most of these are really good. Pony Excess was probably my favorite.

I thought the U was well done, but I absolutely hate Miami and it's attitude, so it tempered my enjoyment.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Once Brothers is definitely my favorite. I own the first 30, since then I haven't seen many of them. The Pistons one is definitely one I'd like to catch.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I absolutely hated the "Bad Boy" Pistons back in the day. I thought what they did was a disgrace to basketball. It eventually led to Pat Riley's "Uglyball" Knicks, who pushed the envelope so far that the NBA changed the rules.

That all said, the 30/30 episode makes me dislike them a little less. I forgot how much heartbreak they suffered before finally winning their first championship.

4. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Thought I saw an interview on an upcoming 30 for 30 by Ken Jeong, on Notre Dame kicker Reggie Ho.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8kRq7K-xHDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On a serious note, my favorite was The U, but that's probably bc I grew up in South Florida.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Plus, Detroit still had an "elite" offense.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Bad Boys were easily...far and away...my favorite team that didn't play for Houston.

They were the first team I saw commit to real team defense. They wanted to win...the end. I loved that.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

No mention of the Tuesday episode? "Hillsborough".

Was a good week of 30 for 30 last week.

For those that might care and don't know, there will be 30 for 30 Soccer Stories on until the World Cup.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...stories-surrounding-2014-fifa-world-cup-espn/

9. ferrari77

Damn near impossible to choose a favourite 30 for 30. I think one can have favourites but a favourite one is tough to choose.

Anyway, re. the Bad Boys episode...

1. It was great to actually learn how the team came together and was constructed

2. Great for the youngsters and even those who were teens/not even teens in the 80s to see how the team came together and learn even more about some of those players.

a. Like how Rick Mahorn used to set some ridiculously amazing picks. Picks that looked absolutely legit but yet would straight knock opposing players out! The one he set while w/the Was.Bullets that knocked out Mo Cheeks was :eek::eek::eek::eek:

b. The Pistons first finals series vs the Lakers and the Game 6 in which Zeke came back in the game after getting injured and went off on the Lakers! Then the team getting jobbed by the refs with the phantom foul on Kareem.

3. Great to hear how the players felt during their run during that time period and now as they recalled what happened during that time.

a. Also great to hear from Dantley and Aguirre as to how they left Detroit(in Dantley's case) and got to Detroit( in Aguirre's case).

There's no doubt that if Dantley and Aguirre were in the same room today they might just throw down with each other.

All in all, another great 30 for 30 for the collection.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

11. VanityHalfBlack

Saw the Bad Boys episode on netflix. Bad ass!

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That was all Isaiah right?

Rocket River

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Watched 'Hillsborough' the other day and it was terrific.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

If you heard Aguirre talk about it in the documentary... it was mostly Aguirre's reluctance to accept that the Piston's were Isaiah's team... Everyone else that was asked about the situation, beside Isaiah, pretty much seemed united in the fact that it was Isaiah's team... It made it look like Aguirre just couldn't swallow his ego...

15. ferrari77

You mean Dantley's reluctance not Aguirre's right? Cos Aguirre was Isaiah's boy.

16. Buck Turgidson

You've got Dantley and Aguirre totally bassackwards.

17. Buck Turgidson

The best ones, in no particular order:

Pony Excess
    The Two Escobars - probably my favorite
    Benji
    Hillsborough
    The Best That Never Was
    The Marinovich Project
    Broke
    Tommy and Frank
    Once Were Brothers
    You Don't Know Bo

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

I don't know how I confused the two, but yes Dantley....