1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lego is the world's most powerful brand

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Lego named world's most powerful brand

[​IMG]

Lego's brand power has skyrocketed following the 2014 release of The Lego Movie

An annual study looking at the world’s most powerful brands has determined that Lego is the world’s number one, beating the likes of PricewaterhouseCoopers, Red Bull and Ferrari to the title.

The research, conducted on an annual basis by Brand Finance, analysed thousands of the world’s top brands, determining which are the most powerful and which are the most valuable, with Apple, Samsung and Google the top three for brand value.

Brand Finance cited the success of The Lego Movie for pushing the brand to top spot for power, after it generated nearly US$500m (€437.6m, £325.3m) over the last year. Lego overtook Ferrari as the top brand, which dropped to ninth spot in the power ranking. The report states that while Ferrari still remains a very strong brand, its power is slowly diminishing.

Lego achieved its number one ranking by scoring highly on Brand Finance’s Brand Strength Index, which includes familiarity, loyalty, promotion, staff satisfaction and corporate reputation.

Lego has proved particularly popular as a visitor attraction, with the brand continuing to expand, the most recent announcement being the Merlin’s seventh Legoland Discovery Center in the US. Also in the last year, Lego and Merlin announced plans to open new Legoland theme parks in South Korea, Japan and Dubai, and has had a number of successful launches including the Legends of Chima waterpark at Legoland California and a Lego Star Wars attraction at its Malaysia theme park.

“Lego is a uniquely creative and immersive toy; children love the ability to construct their own worlds that it provides,” said a Brand Finance statement. “In a tech-saturated world, parents approve of the back-to-basics creativity it encourages and have a lingering nostalgia for the brand long after their own childhoods. The Lego Movie perfectly captured this cross-generational appeal. It was a critical and commercial success and has helped propel Lego from a well-loved, strong brand to the world’s most powerful.”

To read the full Brand Finance report, click here.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I won't pretend to get the metric, but I don't understand how Google, Coke, Pepsi, Apple or Wal-Mart aren't winning this every year. PriceWaterhouse, Ferrari?

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

No way. I can go to parts of Africa or South Asia and no one has ever picked up a Lego or seen anything of this foolishness. But everyone knows Apple Iphone 6, Pepsi or Goldman Sachs.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

As you stated, you dont understand the metric. The metric is setup to favor Lego, for whatever metric reason that is.

JD Power and Associates is a prime example of a BS metric. Companies setup their performance based on this metric to get the honors. Its about as useless as a take home test.

That said, I am not trying to taking away from Lego's achievement.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's their brand without other brands these days? Everything they do has a sponsor attached. Marvel Lego video game. Harry Potter Lego playset. Batman Lego movie. Lego store at Disney. I feel like you need to carry your own D in order to have the biggest D.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

If you've ever stepped on a Lego barefooted...the logo's image along with accompanying searing pain will be burned into your mental archives for eternity. It forcibly becomes the most powerful brand at that point.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The wheel barrel that holds my D begs to differ.

9. Christopher

Christopher Member

Goldman Sachs? Really?

I'd have guessed Coca-Cola would have been number one. I also wouldn't be shocked if cigarette brands were globally better known than some of the companies you'd expect.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SO these remote parts of asia and africa are not familiar with a toy but are familiar with investments, i banking and securities by one particular firm?:confused: