1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Computer Memory question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Castor27, May 13, 2003.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am considering upgrading my system memory. I currently have 2 256 MB of 2400 DDR. I want to upgrade to 1 G but will probably do it with 2 sticks of 512. My question is this. How can I tell what type of memory my system can handle? If I currently have 2400 can I upgrade to 2700 or 3200 or even 3500? And would that make much of a difference on my AMD 2400? Also are ther eany particular brands that anyone would reccommend. i probably will not upgrade until at least June but wanted to go ahead and start shopping around now.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Go to www.crucial.com and enter your system info there. They will tell you what type of memory you have and what you can upgrade to.

3. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks that site was most helpful. My system can handle up to the 3200. That will give me a good start. Any of you guys prefer a certain brand over others? Is generic or not so well name brands bad?

CK

#4 Castor27, May 13, 2003
    Last edited: May 13, 2003