1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, Jul 18, 2014.

?

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

1. Yes

32.0%
  2. No

68.0%
  1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The guy left 30 million dollars on the table and was recruited by Parsons. He likely was wooed by Morey using metrics with Parsons, Lin and Asik to a degree.

There is no doubt that this team is worse on paper than the team that lost in the first round to the Blazers.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Morey doesn't make decisions without talking to Howard first. Howard is on board.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When you look at it from a winning perspective, sure.

Last year was supposed to be a progress year, we get to the 2nd round at least, build on it for this year.

This year is supposed to be making a deep run, WCF, etc.

Last year was a failure, and now this year will probably end up the same way. Basically 2 years of 1st round exits, he could have gotten that if he just stayed in LA.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The guy came to Houston to play with James Harden and for McHale.

He's said this numerous times.

He of all players knows why you shouldn't give Max deals to non stars.

Ask him about Otis Smith and Rashard Lewis

#4 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. derp

derp Member

There is some doubt about that. Ariza is a better fit than Parsons as we had more than enough offense, and sucked at defense.

Losing Asik is a blow, but we didn't have him for 75% of last year. People need to stop with the woe is me attitude. This Rockets team still has 2 superstars and looks to be very good.

1 person likes this.
  6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I really think that this team will mesh pretty well. Basically all of the positions and main roles are defined and I don't think this team will be worse than a 1st round exit, like last year.

I know that Howard is kind of a basket case, but he really seems to be content in Houston. I don't think he regrets it, at all. It is still a brighter situation (at the moment) than LA.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He could have spent a miserable year with Swaggy P contending for the 10th seed and be warmly welcoming Carlos Boozer right now!

Regret...

...oh and I'm sure Morey didn't pitch "playing with Asik and Jeremy!" to Howard; that's laughable.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess I missed Chander Parsons, Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik in that quote...

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I don't think Parsons is the real lost here. He was replaced by Ariza who isn't someone to laugh about. The real lost is now we don't have a 6th man and he doesn't have someone who can back him up. If Ish Smith, Canaan, or Johnson can replace our previous 6th man's production then we will remain the same there... but I don't think Dorsey, Donuts and Adrien can fill the empty spot of Asik. Although I do have some hope because it's not like Asik played all 82 games.

The starting line up isn't the problem. We have 3 above average defensive players, and James ****ing Harden. The bench is the big question mark. Hopefully Daryl can figure it out. I believe.

10. Nook

Nook Member

The Parsons nonsense is getting out of control. Howard didn't join the Rockets to play with Parsons... he came to win, and play with Harden and McHale.

Howard was on a team in Orlando that was good enough to get the finals and not win... he doesn't want that again, and although he is disapointed, I am sure he knows signing Parsons would have led to the ole "good but not great" situation.

1 person likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

As you pointed out - Asik was invisible from December through April so I don't really see why people are pitching it as a loss.

He was useful situationally vs. Portland but that's it as far as last year was concerned.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Really? He didn't just come here because of CP. Asik was never really a big selling point either. Dwight came here to learn from Dream, to play for McHale, to pair with Harden to form Kobe/Shaq 2.0. Last time I checked, all those options are still on the table.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Meh... pretty sure Omer Asik was responsible for that Malaysian airliner going down over the Ukraine as well.....

"NO OMER NO!" - Commander Yakov

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Terrible thread is terrible.

15. Lando19

Lando19 Member

Check out this years Laker staring line up then ask yourself if you think he's mad he's in HOU with Harden.

16. conquistador#11

of course not. if I couldn't win, it was because it was on me. it was on me!

better question is if you are about winning and we haven't advanced passed the first round, do you opt out and go 'win' or do you stay here for the money.

17. Big Time Titan

I would regret signing with Houston if I were Howard. He probably doesn't but I would.

Losing Parsons has nothing to do with my feelings about it. Aside from Harden this team has no firepower. If we can put it on Howard and Harden to step their offensive game up and surround them with quality defensive players then I think things could go well for us. But if we just keep adding these lames and don't pick up a Rondo or similar caliber player at SF, PF or PG then this could end badly.

18. TheGoldenGreek

As much as I tried to resist responding to such a weak thread I have to chime in and reiterate that Dwight Howard came here to play with another superstar in James Harden under an owner and GM that have proven they will do whatever it takes to win. Howard is not stupid. He knows that Chandler Parsons was not worth the price tag. He, as all of us should, has faith in Morey and management to continue swinging for the fences with the understanding that sooner or later he will connect as he has the previous two offseasons!

19. BinBinRingRing

A little bit for sure.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Uh no. Too many people are blowing this off-season way over board. We are not in any worse position than we were last year. If anything we have made improvements. Ariza and Adrien are great hustle players and play very good defense something we really needed last year. Plus the off season isn't even over yet.