1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Interview on Bleacher Report

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

CH is just blowing smoke.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he comes out with well thought out and presented pieces that he intersperses amongst a himalayan mountain range of trolling

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Good catch. I is a kollige grajuite and shood have knowd bedder than to spell hear like that when I clearly meant here... thank you grammar nazi :rolleyes:

Now when do the championships start happening again ?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's like math though, you're either right or wrong. Being the 2nd best team in the NBA is the same as being the last.

5. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

His last sentence in the interview was that when you swing for the fences, "sometimes you make mistakes."

So I don't think he's naive.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

When did i say he isn't rooting for him? If you are the fan of an NBA team u'd obviously root for your general manager because he is the man that assembles the team. Not sure what your point is tbh.

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

nice interview Of Derek Norway the general Matador of the Huston Rockes

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Technically, he spelled "hear," right. Just sayin'.

9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Top 4 seed....better than last year. Morey predicting again and he's never been right.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

A lot of the people are who are against DM for letting Parsons go has no clue how team building works

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Actually it's better to be the last than the 2nd because you get a lottery pick.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Being 2nd is ok, a cpl adjustments here or there can make you 1st (see the last 2 champions), it's being from 10th to 20th with no real potential trajectory that really blows

13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I guess I am one of them, so seriously please enlighten me. Right now we won't have more than 10 million in capspace for the next 2 seasons. We can't bundle our TPE with players and we don't have real assets for a trade. Our team still has at least two holes (another playmaker and a stretch 4 that can defend). There are no real FAs for us left this season. We have 5 rotation pieces in place and a big bunch of questions of the bench.

With Parsons we'd have 6 rotation pieces in place including another playmaker. In the playoffs you usually role with 7 men rotation, so we were missing one player and still have the MLE and the TPE left. The next two offseason we could only spend the MLE - if we had to trade, we'd have the Ariza contract and still a SF on the roster. And we weren't that close to the tax line.

I know that Parsons contract is too expensive and that it is pretty bad to trade. But we'd be a team that is very close to contending with quite some tools left (TPE, MLE, Ariza contract as trade bait). Right now we have two missing links and far from max contract cap space left.

So I am serious, what are the real benefits here? All I can see is: we are scared to go all in with Harden, Howard and Parsons so we wait and see if we can somehow secure something better in the future.

14. whozee

whozee Member

[​IMG]

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They've been 'legit' for a few years now. They picked up some investors a few years back and have paid writers. One of them is a member here on CF.