1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee, Unsung Hero

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Apr 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dei

Dei Member

Why is there so little praise for this guy? Arguably the best defensive SG we've had in a long time. I've been saying all along, this guy is starter material.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His song has been sung before......
    Damsel Martin is restin in her chamber....

3. laserguy183

laserguy183 Member

he is a starter?

He is going to be resigned by hou put money on it.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

The players that make up this team are all unsung heroes.

I wish we could keep everyone on the team.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Scola, Camby, Bert, Lowry, Dragic, Parsons and even Bud are pretty appreciated but I very rarely hear Lee's name get thrown anywhere.

6. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Not sure if serious.....:confused:

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

A lot of us have been saying all along he is better than Martin and should be starting.

The rockets need to sign this man and ship off miss martin.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He should have been starting all year long.

DD

9. Zfan

Zfan Member

Yes, he is good. Now it is official. Martin is a better off-ball-screen slasher. But Lee is a very much better all round player.

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Courtney Lee! Courtney Lee!

3 people like this.
  11. Toothless_Texan

its a team not a individual ask courtney

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I really like our options without Martin. Even though he is an awesome scorer, he doesn't give you much of anything else when he isn't on. He was very consistent for us the last 1.5 years; however, this year he has been up and down. I like Martin and in the right situation (when Yao was here) he would be perfect, but I hope the Rockets are ready to move on at this point. Courtney will never be the scorer that Martin is, but I hope we bring him back because he still is a good offensive option and is miles ahead on the defensive end.

A rotation of Bud, Parsons, Lee, Dragic, and Lowry would be solid. I like the options and versatility of the line up. If Morris could eventually break the rotation, that would be even better. I really hope the Rockets try hard to bring both back Dragic and Lee.

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Lee has often finished games, even when Martin was healthy.
    Reminds me of how Cassell didn't start, but finished.

And Lee is even better with some shot blocking bigs behind him.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you've ever clicked on any Kevin Martin threads in the past, you'd see that half the posts praise Courtney Lee. So it's not really that people don't talk about him, but rather you have to go to the right places. ;)

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's been getting a lot of love all this year, a lot of people have been calling for him to start since K Mart was slumping early this year.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lee is still undersized at his position. We keep winning because, as DM and McHale say, our rotation of 1s, 2s, and 3s are very good. They cover up a lot of mistakes and shortcomings.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Lee is not undersized, Maxwell was 6'4 and he was one of the best defenders at the position and did just fine. That being said, Lee is doing fine overall but still not consistent enough. I'd still start him over Martin who cannot do anything but shoot the ball and doesn't work hard enough to get involved. I hope he does get healthy so we have a guy off the bench who can shoot lights out. I still appreciate Martin for everything and Lee needs to stay a starter.

18. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

You can see his confidence growing every game. His biggest knock has always been an inconsistent jumper and finishing at the hole. He's finding a knack for pulling up for 14-16ft jumpers (contested) and hitting them at a nice clip. He's been finishing better as well. I think we've got some good coaches on our hands that trust this kid. Please re-sign him!

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I was just reading the Blazers preview for tomorrow's game and they don't think too highly of Lee's defense. I know they don't see as much as we do but I just found it interesting.

Here is the quote: [QUOTE/] Technically Camby is Houston's second center behind Samuel Delambert, another lanky shot-blocker/rebounder. When you add forwards Luis Scola and Mr. Everything Chandler Parsons, Houston's frontcourt defense looks scary. Their biggest problem is inconsistency. Part of that is attributable to their backcourt. Kyle Lowry, likely Houston's best defender among regular backcourt players, is injured. Even on his great days, though, he's not exactly a stopper. His replacement Goran Dragic is not a defender. Shooting guard Kevin Martin is just bad, but he's also injured. Stand-in Courtney Lee is no help. [/QUOTE]

http://www.blazersedge.com/

What's funny-ish is that Scola's defense, while decent at times, is in no way shape or form "scary".

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

http://www.blazersedge.com/

What's funny-ish is that Scola's defense, while decent at times, is in no way shape or form "scary".[/QUOTE]

FAIL. My bad.