1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Portland looks good...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ZRB, Jul 30, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Blazers have added Dereck Anderson, and now Ruben Patterson. Now they will be able to bench Pippen, and start something like this:

Stoudamire
    Anderson/Wells
    Patterson
    Wallace
    Sabonis

The Blazers are scary again.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Keep the ???? alive!

The ZRBucks!

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, they add another jailbird. Truly, the Jailblazers again.

My thing is that they have demonstrated that they have too much talent and too many ugly personalities so they give up two good guys, Steve Smith and Greg Anthony, and bring in Patterson and Derek Anderson.

What the hell is Bonzi Wells supposed to think? I guess if you get injured, you're screwed. How do they play everyone they have?

Winning is all about blending the right personalities not about who has the most talent.

------------------
    Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? I am, aren't I?

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Portland is posturing for a trade but Davis is the only real value. Honestly Patterson is not going to do much stat wise in Portland, Wallace can't even crack 20 with all the talent. Pippen is still probably the better player, put him on your average NBA team and you he would give at least 15 and 6. Portland and the Yankees are just crazy.

------------------
    "banging Shaq is a whole different expirience"-Pete Babcock
    Behold the power of quotation

5. RodneyMcCray

RodneyMcCray Member

Portland needs I. Rider back for his weed connection.

------------------

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I bet Kemp would lose weight if he took up smoking.

------------------
    "banging Shaq is a whole different expirience"-Pete Babcock
    Behold the power of quotation

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The thing is, Ruben Patterson might be a twisted sick-o and freak off the court, but he is a team player and a good talent ON the court, and that is scary. He is capable of being a go-to guy as well. Not a dominant one, but a good one. Griffin better be as good as advertised!

------------------
    What if I say to you that the universe is a three-legged horse, eh? What then?
    - Russell Hoban

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm so surprised with Portland. I figured that after the horrific show they put on last season, no one would want anything to do with them. But both Anderson and Patterson go looking for them.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I can kind of understand Patterson because he probably still wants to live in the Pacific Northwest, but I don't have a clue why Derek Anderson was so set on jumping to Portland.

------------------
    What if I say to you that the universe is a three-legged horse, eh? What then?
    - Russell Hoban

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hey Tweak, we may be adding Zach Randolph to your list in due time. I'm really interested in seeing how well this kid plays when the real game rolls into town.

... I can't believe I responded to one of ZRB's posts with something other than "Shut up, idiot". Cool.

------------------
    "Colson makes a mockery of the PG position. It's like he's out there playing 1 on 9." -- pippendagimp with some candid player evaluations.

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited July 30, 2001).]

11. Holden

Holden Member

..portland always looks good. but alas...

------------------
    Paranoid, trying to stuff the void.

12. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I don't get how any team could sign a rapist.

------------------
    "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
    -Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins, 1991
    "Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious."
    -Charles Shackleford of the NCSU basketball team

The Highest Leapers in the NBA

13. Sane

Sane Member

Forget how bad they'll be, they don't even LOOK good to me..

Saboins looked bad enough last year, and he's better off joining Rik Smits in Europe.

They should've really brought in some role players rather than people that are looking for minutes.

How are they gonna deal with Wells, Anderson, Pippen and Patterson? Randolph, Kemp, Wallace? What about playing C? Obviously, Davis isn't doing the job in the West.

The only place they should be happy is PG, where Barkley's gonna flourish behind Stoudamire.

They should package Zach Randolph and Dale Davis for a true C, then buy out Pippen's contract.

They're gonna have some real problems this season.

------------------