1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen/ Sports Illustrated article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Dec 13, 1999.

1. Old School

Old School Member

Long article in the latest (Dan Marino cover) SI.

It made mention of Scottie's illegit kids. One he doesn't even claim because he was a "mistake". Class act, Scottie.

Scottie was also pissed when his Mercedes dealer gave him a Honda Accord as a loaner. Nice reading for anti-Pippen friends.

Old School

2. ArmChair Coach

Now we know why he has such a huge contract.

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Scottie has always been good at admitting mistakes:

1. When he sat out the final few seconds of the Kukoc shot his press conference was... well I must have missed that that press conference but i'm sure someone put super glue on the chair and scottie realized he couldn't play with a chair stuck to his @ss.

2. When he failed to "lead" the Rockets past the Lakers last year he stood up and blamed Charles.

3. When Portland gets knoocked off in the 1st round this year and then he admits he just realized that he's not playing for the Lakers and that is why he dribbled the ball off his leg, in the closing seconds, for the 2nd year in a row!

Admit it... Scottie is a role model!

ha, ha what a loser!

4. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Well, he did look pretty snobbish based on the rental car story, but I actually laughed out loud reading it...

...simply because I bought my first car this summer.

A 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition.

I was pretty proud of myself for being such a grown-up. Come to find out, a millionaire like Pippen was mortified at the thought of having to drive one.

I thought that was pretty funny.

As for the rest of the article, I thought it did a good job of being balanced. Pippen's a screw-up whose weaknesses have been largely hidden by outstanding supporting casts for his entire career.

Do you know why I honestly think he wanted out of Houston? He could see Barkley and Hakeem wearing out, and he realized that it was all going to be on his shoulders for the first time.

So, he chickened out.

It would have been hard for him to maintain his mostly undeserved reputation as a truly great player if he'd spent the last four years of his career trying to carry a losing Houston team.

Instead, he got himself traded to an already deep and talented Portland team, and as a result he's been able to take all sorts of ill-deserved credit for the Blazers' fast start.

------------------
    Nothing but NET--

http://www.clutchcity.NET

Don't Fight the Future