1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Important Offseason Roster Addition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apostolic3, Oct 28, 2005.

?

Most Important Addition to the Roster

1. Rafer Alston

20.0%
  2. Derek Anderson

8.7%
  3. Luther Head

0.9%
  4. Stromile Swift

70.4%
  1. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

OK. The preseason is over and we know a little bit about the new players. Which player will have the most positive impact on our team? Very interested to see the comments.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Nice poll.

I still can't believe how great this offseason was. I think all 4 of these guys will be key pieces of a championship team. I voted for Alston, mostly based on what I've seen in the preseason. He's a warrior out there, determined at all times it seems...like Steve was, except within the system and more controlled. I think his ability to get this very deep team all involved will be crucial...and probably overlooked by many. He has a clutch factor about him too...I remember a couple of years ago in Miami he hit at least a couple of winning 3's for them.

Don't get me wrong though. Swift, Anderson, and Head bring that athleticism that we so desperately needed. We need all of these guys to win.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I voted for Luther Head. I think having a player that comes from a winning tradition brings intagibles to the team that we didn't have previously. I know he won't carry this team, but that's not what we needed in the offseason. We needed young/fast winners and he is just that.

This is also a gut pick. He has some quality about his play that I can't quite put my finger on, but I would guess that it is potential for greatness. Meaning greatness of the team can be acheived with a player like this coming off the bench during times of need.

4. aries323

aries323 Member

I had to vote for Stromile because of his size, athleticism, defense, dunks, excitement, all those things. next would be Rafer, he has shooters all over the place, Yao, TMac, and Stromile to give assists to, he needs to keep the TO's down. next woud be Anderson and Luther, they are both going to tear it up this year. I hope JVG gives the green light to Luther, he is the steal of the draft, I cant see anyone else playing better than him that was drafted after him except Lee or Gomes.

5. Cire

Cire Contributing Member

I agree, good poll for discussion.

I, reluctantly, voted Rafer. A good ball handler will have the ball a large amount of time. TMac and Yao both need someone to divert the defense and pass to them. Swift will help tremdously, but Rafer is more important.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

My choice was Stromile but in 2nd place (very close to the 1st) is Rafer Alston