1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast - Robbing The Kings of T-Rob

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

DISCLAIMER: Both of us were sleep-deprived when we recorded this. While Clutch (who was far more sleep-deprived than I was) sounds great, I was a little loopy and scatter-brained in my inane ramblings.

With that caveat, . . . enjoy!

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Awesome! I will definitely listen to this on my way to work today! Thanks.

I'm stunned you didn't go with a bad joke like "A King's Ransom"...

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Y'all ready to see Daryl Morey put a royal ass whoopin' on the Sacramento Kings tonight?

Y'all wanna see Daryl Morey take the Sacramento Kings make their FO his lady in waitin' tonight?

Y'all wanna see Daryl Morey take the Sacramento Kings down into his dungeon and make them his medieval puppy dog b**** tonight?

1 person likes this.
  5. skyline07

skyline07 Member

THANKS CLUTCH AND BIMA, please do these more often if you can.

6. holly1985

holly1985 Member

I just saw that Robinson had knee surgery when he was in college. Was it serious? For a guy who jumps and dunks a lot, will it affect his game?

7. Houston288South

Listening now..thanks!

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Can't wait to listen...

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good podcast, I like the 21-22 minute mark where you say the Rockets basically re-wrote the book on how to build a team.

It's true they did but I don't know if all the lessons from that book will last for long - the Rockets basically anticipated a "black swan" type event (the new CBA) way better than the Jock-clowns etc who run most NBA franchises and are now reaping the profits.

10. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Oh we robbed em, we robbed em good. :cool:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

hell yeah!

12. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Bima really does sound out of it lol.

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Will listen to it.

Bima, would you write another piece for the new cap situation?

If they indeed give a front loaded contract(assume multiple years) to a European player like Morey mentioned, would it somehow impact our capspace next year?

Is it realistic to add another star after possible Howard signing in the summer?

14. Lihao

Lihao Member

great podcast, really enjoy it, thanks a lot for the effort.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Look, if there's something else going on, you know like a job or a family or something that's preventing you from giving a 110% to clutchfans, you need to let those things go. We're not paying you to come in all sleep-derived. ;)

I jest, good stuff as usual guys.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I suspect TRob is going to turn out to be Jordan Hill. Good rebounder, but not necessarily all that helpful beyond it. Maybe even Shelden Williams.

Robinson really struggled even in Summer League (Clutch, you were there with us). It will take a lot of work to make him into a useful NBA player, but at this point, he's worth a small wager, much like Jordan Hill, Thaneet, Flynn and Terrence Williams were. I don't think this deal is that much better or worse than those other deals.

17. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Unlike Jordan Hill, Thabeet and Flynn, who are rather insignificant part of their respective deals(may I say throw-in's along with those picks we got), Trob is the centerpiece of this deal and he's very high on Morey's draft board based on Morey's interviews predraft.

#17 haoafu, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  18. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Is this podcast available from iTunes?

19. Raven

Raven Member

For the hearing impaired, can someone post a few of the highlights?

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Hope to write up another cap update this weekend . . . if I have time. However, as I mentioned off-air to Clutch, pretty much anything I put in a cap update article is already on this BBS.

Without trying to sound patronizing, I am very proud of how much more knowledgeable this BBS is about cap issues compared with just 2-3 years ago. To me, my articles have become more about "having it all in one place" than it's been about unique and valuable insight. That's just fine by me.

Hey, you guys don't pay me ANYTHING! CLUTCH is the one getting rich off my work! ;)

Good insight, CH. Agree completely that TRob may not be "all that" but that this trade is getting so much love due to the roll Morey's on right now. Still, Morey's earned my trust; and his evaluation of Robinson is enough for me to get at least a little excited about him. (Hell, if you listened to the podcast, you know I haven't been a big fan of TRob up until now. Hoping my prior evaluation was just irrational UT love/KU hate!)