1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need an ******* on this team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Apr 28, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This team is too nice. Blatant cheap shot taken at Beverley and Lin and we retaliate with nothing. Screw being a likeable team. Would you rather be feared or loved?
    Even Tracy McGrady stood up for his teammates, and everyone here calls him a huge ****ing p***y.

1 person likes this.
  2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The Suns have Beasley, that hasn't really helped them, so why would it here?

The Celtics have a few guys that could do that and they are still struggling.

The fact is, we need to score better consistently and not so dependent on getting to the free throw line or shooting 3 point shots.

3. New Generation

I miss Artest for this exact reason.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Alright, now you gotta maybe dial it down a notch

:)

Royce White gets in people's faces, there's a lot of things he backs away from. But an on-court fight isnt 1.

But sometimes being an a-hole is closely linked to being just unstable.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm with you. The edge we had in game 2 with Beverley beast mode was on the bench with him as soon as he got in to foul trouble. I kept scanning the bench and thinking, who, anyone? D-MO yells a lot but doesn't have that je ne sais quois. It would be nice to have that Sura type fella again.

6. RedRedemption

I'm not talking about on court fights (that never happens in the NBA, lol) I'm talking about someone who will actually stand up for his teammates. Get in people's faces, tell the other team hey that **** won't fly.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Bob Sura still lives in the area.

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Garcia stood up for Beverley which was awesome.

Garcia was the player of the game tbh.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Garcia is an "*******" but he seemed to play with the most fire and edge last night (picked up tech from the bench on Perkins cheap shot as well). Garcia dumb foul down the stretch was a bummer but he came out and competed with fire and was the reason the Rox came back. His fire and peskiness was big on defense and the biggest reason Durant struggled in second half as well.

10. RedRedemption

This. This is what I'm talking about.
    You don't have to fight someone to stick up for your teammates.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, me too. It looks like he's going to exercise his player option for next season, and if so, the Lakers could amnesty him. If we're able to add a low-post scoring threat to our team, it'd be great to also bring Artest back.

In any case, the entertainment value of having Artest and Royce White on the same team would be worth his salary.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Has Garcia gotten a tech from the bench twice this series? I know he did last night, and I think in game 1 or game 2 but I can't remember for certain.

13. kastuul

kastuul Member

Someone has to do the dirty job.

14. MystikArkitect

There's a difference between an enforcer and an *******. I believe your seeking the former, not the latter.

Good point, if a bit misguided. Mad Max, Otis Thorpe and Charles Barkley all come to mind in the mid 90's. Stevie Franchise in the early 2000s. Bob Sura mid 2000's. Still have some hope that T-Rob can grow into the role we are missing.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's Garcia. That's who has to do it. He can be a hero for life here in Houston the way Bobby Sura is.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

We should just trade Delfino for a future second rounder or something and resign Garcia to a similar deal. He shoots the same, plays better defense, and seems to be more of a leader.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Hes the hero Houston deserves. AND the one it needs right now.

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Kenyon Martin would of been perfect

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

We need a better coach. I can imagine JVG exploding

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Royce White says hi.