1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson & Terrence Williams Highlights Vs Magic (1.7.11)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Jan 8, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w-l9BQX4On0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w-l9BQX4On0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bm5XAULKx8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bm5XAULKx8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3 people like this.
  2. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Awesome thanks,

I see these 2 guys as a future core of the Rockets. They will be very good in the next 5 years...

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Could you do a Terrence Williams "lowlights" too? I couldn't watch the game and wanted to see the mistakes he makes and the downsides of his game to gauge his potential.

1 person likes this.
  4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

kmart
    thick patty
    terrencial rain

only 3 id keep on the rockets

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Williams's ball handling is better than i thought. He ran point well last night.

6. ThaShark316_28

Scola, Lowry and Battier, too...Gotta have some vets man.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Nah. Those vets are leading us nowhere. they are better off on contenders.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well, I can't help with the "lowlights" request, but from my point of view, his main drawback seems to be the fact that he gets a little tunnel-vision every now and then. There were times last night when I was scratching my head wondering what in the world he was thinking with a couple of his shots. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as Jermaine Taylor, though.

Still, he does a lot of things well. Looks like he has a lot of potential.

9. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

Patterson's release is impressive, his stroke is extremely quick for a big man his size

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Scola and Battier are too old for this team unless we can get a superstar like Melo or Paul. If you can't, it is better to ship them off while they still have value.

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

terrence williams doesnt make mistakes. hes just trying to fit in with the rest of the rockets.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Honestly its probably just his inexperience with the squad (he was running the point, after all). When he understands what his teammates are capable of, he won't really have to look for those ill-advised jumpers. I look forward to a much better effort tonight!

13. Happii

Happii Member

Patrick Patterson has a good jumper. But he needs to work on his fouls, he got 5 personal fouls in 22mins in this game. T-Will has good ball handling so he should be settling for jumpshots. T-Will should be slashing and playing a D-Wade style of basketball.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't expect Patterson's jumper to be so defined. His low post game will get better with time along with his defense.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Hardly anyone here else considers what you have just said. All they care about is ooohhh look at that pass from Milller, oh wow Scola with the scoop, man Martin is on fire 30 points of 12 shots - wow.

No one considers their weaknesses. They are too easily pleased and will submit youtube highlights for any play that other teams would forget the next minute.

Every sigle one of our players weaknesses outweigh their strenghts. There is no one that has more strenghts/positives than their negatives/weaknesses.

Great roster you have here Morey. And great post by uoi iconoclastic. Its so good to see someone else consider the other side to the coin.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My concern about both players (moreso Patterson)... length. Hitting jump shots is good, but when they don't fall, what else can you offer. On both sides of the court?

Watching teams with taller players continually score inside against us is killing me. While the Rockets offense relies on jumpshots. Patterson may develop a better inside game once he improves his footwork and positioning, but he won't get any taller. Worrall and Clyde rave about how Patterson (and Hill) play "above the rim". Really? I just don't see it. As long as we bring in 6-8 and 6-9 PFs and play against 6-11 and 7-0 opponents we will continue to see our interior shredded.

17. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Patterson impressed me but Williams was a joke.. he didn't handle the ball incredibly well and his decision making was suspect

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

There is a difference between "considering the other side to the coin" and completely ignoring all the good things about our players.

I hope this is sarcasm. If every player had more bad things about them then good, nobody would want them on their team. Is that the case? Obviously not, otherwise we couldn't trade any of our players because they would have no value.

One of the biggest knee-jerk reactions I've ever seen to a basketball game. I mean really? Come on. I'm not defending the team. I think they suck. But to say all of our players have more weakness then they do strengths? No.

19. PeppermintCandy

Repped for the highlights.

Patterson's jumpers look good, but I think I'd rather see him battling in the paint. With Patterson looking to shoot from the outside and Miller directing traffic from the high post, we basically have zero low-post presence in the second unit.

And at this point Miller plays more of a backup point guard than Williams does.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The best part was hearing Jeff Van Gundy talk about the fact that we need to package some of these guys for a superstar.