1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No matter how fine she is?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I happen to believe that every man will cheat if given the right woman in the right situation.

Guys tell me about being faithful for many, many years. Is it because they choose to, or hasn't an opportunity been worth it for them?

I pray that Ms JB doesn't read this.

If so Mr. JB is indeed the exception!

2. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

well i know im going to sleep better tonight knowing that.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's in our genes, we want to mate with as many women as we can, so the human population doesn't die out.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If someone is raised to the point where their morals aren't really strong, then they can make just about any justification out there to get what they want. Drugs, stealing, piracy, cheating, etc...

There will always be a twinge of regret for sticking to morals, and it depends on whether each person is that type or not. But there's different ways towards seeking adventure than breaking the rules.

5. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Too late. :)

I harbor no illusions about the sanctity of the marriage vows. I also think having an affair is about a lot more than just having sex with an attractive person.

I'm very secure in my marriage with Mr. JB, but not complacent enough to take it for granted. A relationship is a living thing that must be tended to every day.

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I think you're wrong.

Sex isn't that important to me that I would've been willing to give up all the things that I adored about my marriage and my wife just to have it. Certainly there were opportunities, but I wasn't interested in doing that.... not even when things were bad between my wife and me.

I'm also not so much a slave to my urges that I can't say no. And I don't have that little respect for the people I care about to do that sort of thing to them.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Nice post, mrpaige.

I would just add that I have had my opportunities. Being a musician, it happens.

However, not only do I love and respect my wife FAR too much to betray her in that way, I have too much self-respect to do that.

Besides, I'm a terrible liar and Mrs JB would find out immediately and squash me like a bug. :)

8. Another Brother

Wow guys this is all very noble and I applaude the efforts, but I am somewhat jaded due to similiar rants by my philandering associates.

Essentially, it all looks good on paper, but...

Thanks to you Ms. JB

Given that degree of candor and open mindedness, your point best contradicts mine.

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There you go...replce "Mrs JB" with "Mrs Rimmy" and you have the truth.

My wife actually wants me to hook up with one of my students sometime, though...she thinks it would be funny.

Incidentally...I just heard a funny story that I wante to extend to you all.

My wife just dropped a rental car off at the airport. The Hertz guy opens the door to the car (actually, it was an SUV) and first thing he says is, "Blam!." He then continued to repeat, "blam blam!." And shake his head. My wife was very confused at first but then put it together that the guy thought she was hot (and after the female Hertz person made some comment about it). Then...while going through security...she overheard a woman scold, "don't look at that woman putting her laptop in that box!" while she was putting her laptop in the security box thingie.

Apparently I have much more to worry about from her. Now she has to have a big head, too. Damn.

10. right1

right1 Member

I would never do that to my kids or my wife. It's really not too hard to resist the temptation to have sex with some pretty woman. They have to wipe the poo off their butt-holes just like everyone else. Besides, my wife is hot and with 2 kids we hardly find enough time do it anyway.

I don't think you're wrong. I know you're wrong. There are millions of faithful husbands who wouldn't want any different. Maybe you just haven't met the right girl, yet. Would you cheat on Tyra?

11. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Don't think you should stereotype based on your admittedly small sample of associates.

12. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

You guys are right, not all men are slaves to thier hormones. Most are however. For every one of you that are loyal and faithfull, there are fifty like me, who just can't see that the good thing they have is not worth the temporary satisfaction that lies in front of them. I wish I were wrong, but I know I'm not.

13. Another Brother

Please don't use me as some catalyst to declare your love for your significant other, I think that is much more than is warranted. I merely posed what I think to be true, to be discussed, not to get beat up for.

14. Another Brother

BTW does Tyra not have a butt-hole or did I miss something?

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I keep myself in a state of stupor by masturbating constantly... that way I can make it through the day without being cheesy enough to violate my marriage.

But Another Brother... rest assured that the stats are on your side. Your 'small sample of associates' speaks to a larger trend observed by demographers. Access to receptive females is the variable that dictates the promiscuousness of males (not the demands of paternity... etc.). Anisogamy... Bateman's principle... has made it such. We have millions of sperm to shed, she has one expensive egg she can shed at a time (her mammalian apparatus has also dictated obligatory investment by her). The amount of copulations determine male reproductive success... her choice of mate (or negative, ie male coercion) dictates hers (or the lack thereof).

Not that we don't try our best. Hell, we sometimes succeed in being faithful... it's just the fact that being faithful is evolutionarily perverse.

16. right1

right1 Member

Yeah, Tyra has a butthole. She makes stinky poop. So does my wife and everygirl I've ever dated. What are you getting at here?

Who is beating you up? You said "I happen to believe that every man would cheat." A few of us married guys here said they wouldn't cheat and told you why. What else did you expect brother?

17. right1

right1 Member

Like Jeff said, finding a receptive female isn't really too hard for guys like us:D . I don't think that has anything to do with my promiscuity. The demands of my wife and kids do. Sorry, just the truth.

18. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

I think someone's been reading their "word-a-day" toilet paper again...

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I'll one up you and make this bold claim:

Any man will sleep with any* woman under the right circumstances.

* - not including children, family members, mentally/physically handicapped, the elderly, grossly obese or deformed people

#19 fadeaway, Jul 25, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2002
  20. Another Brother

All I'm saying is...

If you were in a foreign country naked and in your hotel room alone, and Jennifer Lopez, Pamela Anderson Lee Rock, Brittany Spears or Shara Fryer walked in and wanted to jiggle your wilsons, most men, NOT YOU GUYS, but most men would allow it. Especially Marvin Zindler.

That's all I'm saying, and all Achebe is saying too (i think:eek: ).