1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by saintja2, Nov 8, 2004.

1. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

I have to say I've been very surprised by Raptors' early success. Sam Mitchell has really got them play a nice brand of b-ball. Even Vince seems to be happy with the team.

What I really like about them is that almost everybody on that team understands how to play team basketball. It's obvius that Rafer and Jalen know how to run a team and Vince too has progressed a lot in this aspect since he came to the league, but what I've been liking most this far is the role players' play. Guys like Milt Palacio, Matt Bonner etc. have really impressed me as heady players who, despite their weaknesses, just know how to play team basketball.

Add to the mix the rapid progress of Chris Bosh and this team could go somewhere if it can get anything from their centers and Vince stays healthy and happy. So far Loren Woods has been quite good but I don't know how long it will last.

Sam Mitchell has really got his team playing very entertaining uptempo basketball and Vince still has the ability to take over even in halfcourt sets and hit the big shots.

As I said, their bench is looks to be a very nice one too despite the no-names. They have veterans like Donyell Marshall, Mo Pete and Lamond Murray and Alvin Williams (when he comes back) and those surprise guys I mentioned. If their draft pick( Rafael Araujo) could somehow contribute a little in the middle, this would look a great bench.

I don't see any reason why this team couldn't compete for homecourt advantage in the east, and as I've always liked Vince, they will have my support unless they play the Rockets.

Discuss.

2. Kurupt the Kingpin

For some reason everyone counted them out before the season, but I always figured they had too much talent to not have atleast a decent year, and they're showing that now. Alston is a legitimate NBA starter who gets everyone involved, and Bosh is emerging as one of the best young PF's in the game. Rose can still be effective as a 3rd option, and Vince is looking better now that he has a better team surrounding him.

Right now the main thing that can hold them back is their defense. It'll be especially important later on this season when they can't get the running game going so easily.

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

You registered since 2002, and yet your first post is about the Raptors? BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

hahaha

I too am surprised, but I still think they are lacking size, but will pick up a good Center evetually.

5. saintja2

:D

Actually I have been lurking here since 1998 or something like that, but since i live in Finland and rarely have got to see any rocket games, at least when they are fresh, I've never posted before. And I think since this board has enough bad posters already, I've resisted the urge ;)

Lately, thanks to torrents and my fast internet connection, things are looking quite bright and since I can watch nearly any games I want , I might be voicing my opinion more often.

I've been fan of the rockets ever since the championship seasons ( first nba games I ever saw) but like a bunch of other teams also, but I hate the Lakers, Rudy or no Rudy!

Hope this helped you to understand my reasons :)

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am unimpressed with the Raptors at all. I watched two games, missed the piston game. Mark my words, as season progresses, this team is going to slow down fast. Right now, they are getting all the breaks, and have false sense of invisiblilty.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The season's early, I wait to be impressed. There is a history of implosion with this team.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I'm surprised by the lack of respect that the raps get as well. They clearly underachieved last year imo, and are primed to make the playoffs in the east this year. They don't have a center, but woods has been adequate, and they don't really need one too much for the east. Bosh has far exceeded all my draft day expectations of him.

9. wizardball

wizardball Member

they were picked to be 2-3 last...they win 3 games against legit playoff contender's: AND YOU ARE UNIMPRESSED!!:eek:

obviously they will go down there is nowhere else to go but down...a team that has'nt lost ....i guess you get my point:)

the raptors are a good Eastern team...they will have a good regular season b/c of the style they have now....KEVIN O'NEIL was the kryptonite the guy made the team play half court basketball with the emphasis was on D...this team is clearly a Off team. Anyway i live in T.O so i'm biased.:D

10. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

YallMean's a hater; stop hating...

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'd play good too if I thought no one could see me.

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Am i suprised? Yes i am
    Am i impressed? IF they still have a winning record by the all star break i will be (even though thats not saying much because they are in the east).

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Impressed is the jazz of last season. Surprised is the rapters and their 3-0 start. surprised are the teams that they beat :p

14. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Where do you get torrents of NBA games?

15. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

invincibility, or invisibility

16. saintja2

From here and there really. One good links site though is polish site called Davka torrents. Put that in google and you should find it.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

18. crimsonice

crimsonice Member

looks like the Raptors are legit.. they just thumped the Jazz...

19. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

welcome back bro :}

20. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

We've started a Media Sharing forum and torrent tracker where most of these torrents are originating, even the davkanet ones.

Fans from other teams are welcome - the more seeds the better. Games from other teams are fine as well.

Wizardball - if you're in TO then you should check out the ticket contest as well... 2 lower bowl tix vs Miami on Dec 12.