1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Buss: 5% chance Dwight Leaves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 10, 2013.

1. AFS

AFS Member

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Do we even want an injured diva who has led argueably the best team in league history on paper, to the most dissappointing Lakers season I've witnessed in my life?

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We had about a 4% chance to miss the playoffs last year also.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So there's a 95% chance Dwight wants to continue being Kobe's rebounding b****?

I doubt it.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I don't want Howard because He can't his free throws and I don't feel like dealing with hack a Howard

6. AFS

AFS Member

It's not like Asik is that much better at FTs...(54% on the season compared to Dwight's 51%). There's nothing to stop teams from using that same strategy on us with our current squad, so why not upgrade to the best center in the league?

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Asik is 54.8% FT (2.4-4.3 per game)
    Howard is 50.8% FT (5.1 - 10.0 per game)

I like how you rounded down the exact same decimal for Asik's FT percentage. To put it in perspective, Asik is 85-155 from the FT line and Howard is 167-329. Howard has taken more than double the free throws, thus he is taking twice as many possessions on offense away from the Lakers. He has consistently sucked from the free throw line making hack-a-Howard a viable option on defense. I think Asik would practice his free throws more if he took as many as Howard and especially if teams started trying that strategy against the Rockets.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Lakers aren't stupid.

They will chose Dwight over Kobe. At the end of the day, its a business.

9. logggur

logggur Member

That no-trade clause in Kobe's contract disagrees with you. He's a Laker until after next season no matter what. Even if he agrees to be traded no one is taking on $30M in salary.

10. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I don't think there is a team willing to pay Kobe 30m a year.

11. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

There was a time when Karla Malone and Gary Payton were Lakers along with Shaq. I dont remember if Kobe was around for that team.

12. Raven

Raven Member

And who would want him? Which team would he put over the top? The problem is that the Fakers would want too much. Expect Kobe to keep shooting until his contract runs out. Then he'll look for a team that gives him the green light to chase the scoring record.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People still bitter about Howard I see....

To preface....I really don't think Howard will leave LA. I really doubt he wants to deal with all the backlash again.

However...he's the best center in the league, and it's really not arguable. He's having a down year, but partly just because he hasn't played with somebody like Kobe before.

Anybody saying they don't want Howard is, frankly, pretty delusional. Harden and Dwight would be absolutely lethal.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Kobe wanted out, he could give consent and waive his trade kicker. I think Boston would be a good place for him. I could actually see him and KG get along.

But, yeah, the Lakers aren't going to give up on their supposed super-team that quick. There could be some pretty good drama this offseason.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

Oh hell no. Bad back, bad shoulder, bad attitude, bad record, bad future, bad contract-- DHo is indeed a very bad man. Let's be happy with Asik and Smith, and keep an eye on Whiteside.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Kobe to Boston?

There'd be a second set of riots.

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

So people here do not want Howard because he can't hit free throws? The guy on this team will put the Rockets in championship contender status for the next 6 years.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

But a 95% chance he's traded.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

.1% chance he leaves; 0% chance he's traded.

#20 J.R., Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013