1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets front office rebuilding process makes no sense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 5, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

We let arguably our best player go in Dragic for nothing. To a team in the west who in my opinion signed him to a very fair contract.

We trade Lowry arguably our 2nd best player for peanuts.

We decide to sign a scrub back up center for 8 million a season in asik.

We are offering LIN, 30 million dollars for basically 20 good games in the NBA. The same amount of money we could have signed Goran with who in my opinion is a better player.

We could have traded Courtney lee last year for at least a draft pick but we decide to keep him and now we are going to let him go for absolutely nothing.

We decide to draft and trade for players that all play the same position and now we have no real PG.

This is absolutely awful. Wake me up when this nightmare ends.........

2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Actually it does.

They finally said "Fk this shiet we're tanking for Shabazz."

3. Raven

Raven Member

Not even Bill Simmons can spin this off season. It's the NBA GM version of the Rosencopter.

1 person likes this.
  4. yo

yo Contributing Member

It makes perfect sense.

Getting Lin to sign here is their way of selling tickets while rebuilding. It just might work, and it is actually kind of brilliant.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They don't care dude. These idiots are insane and what's really scary is they all think they're sooo smart.

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I think we've just started the rebuilding process after the loss of dragic...

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

In before " all y'all are morey haters. Morey is proven gm and you just a random poster"

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They're developing young assets, acquiring higher picks, trying to sign flexible contracts...

They're loading up on assets. AGAIN. Same thing, different players.

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    Rockets will seek FAs, but all offers will require flexibility to keep chasing that post-Yao hope for big, game-changing trade.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If Morey fails to land Dwight, this is dead on.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Even if Morey land dwight now why would he want to stay on this team? The Rockets have no proven talent anymore. Their best player on the squad is probably Kevin Martin. Damn it is sad for me to even write that........

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

While mangement should get some of the blame they shouldn't receive it all.

Lowry's rant most likely weakened the team's bargaining position in a number of deal with others knowing that he wanted it out, not to mention probably hurt them in dealing Dragic.

This is the first major road block of his own doing, I will reserve judgement on how Morey fixes the situation until the end of the upcoming season before I say the process is a failure.

12. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Dwight it is then

13. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

This is a horrible result for Moreys supposed efforts

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If we trade for dwight, you can bet a lot more players will be traded or signed. Morey wouldn't just stand still with Dwight and 30 assets. Remember, the hard part is getting the big fish, after that its easier to flip the assets. Im not very optimistic on getting DH, but that would be the plan..

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

They decided to tank this morning.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They didn't want to rebuild coming into the season. Dragic leaving forced them to.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it will make sense if we get one of top 3 picks

18. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Dont say that. I got hounded for saying we overpaid for some scrub Center, after we passed up on one in the draft.

19. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You do realize that in order to attain dwight we would have to give up all of our remaining assets which would leave us with an even more inferior team.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If you think a lottery pick is "peanuts", I think you're the one making no sense.

PS: It doesn't really matter if Lowry is our "second best player". That's as silly as baseball trades when people get excited over getting a team's "top prospect". If the system is mediocre-to-bad, IT DOESN'T MATTER.