1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimate "James Harden Doesn't Play Defense" Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Apr 18, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wow. so you are just going to listen to anyone on the Internet? Just because this nick guy can make a video and post it on the Internet, doesn't mean he knows jack ****. He is clearly cherry picking the highlight to make a controversial vid.

USA had 17 steals and Turkey had 27 TOs vs our 11 TOs, but by watching that vid, you'd think Turkey surgically dismantled us with their bll**** zone defense and their drive and kick offense. sigh

And according to the Nick guy, we couldn't run any offense, despite Faried, Davis and Cousins shooting a combined 70%.

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Coach Nick knows his stuff. He coached a top program in Van Nuys. Some of his former players even went on to become p*rn directors (some bad, some good).

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Yes it really was just one play, getting caught out by a screen happens, that's why players set screens, and for some reason the screening player is given no credit.

As for that other one, well let's use a little drawing to illustrate how much coach nick hates James Harden

[​IMG]

Care to guess who player A is?

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Coach Nick is an idiot. When was it EVER the FT shooters responsibility to cover someone who is already half a court away from you. That's what the other 2 teammates are for that are fighting for the rebound or SHOOTING THE FREE THROW. Thanks for the illustration. Makes it clear to others who believe that garbage Nick is throwing around.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

In order to be called a coach u would have to actually well coach. Nick is a former iv hack who couldn't cut it. This guy is a total loser and watches the whole USA game just to find a james harden defensive Miscue. I mean really that's awfully lame. If your really a basketball coach and know the game you would be discussing how bad curry has looked the first two games and how Irving whole talented is not a true floor general yet. Right now he looks like a player who is playing for stats wether assist or points.

For all the hate on harden he's the only one playing team ball from the guards. Yet this guy nick gonna tell you he's a ballhog and half this board will believe him. I don't even know why I respond to this stuff anymore. I come here to talk shop with real rockets fans who understand the game.

I know it will never happen but clutch really should think about deleting a few accounts. This place used to be the best and now it's a let's throw our best player since Hakeem under the bus every chance we get.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Harden D will improve this season along with the rest of the team. IF you look at the players they are filling the roster with it is all tough players that will hustle on D. Can't wait for the season to start. Will be looking forward to the team coming down to the RGV for pre-season game and practices.

7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Coach Nick is just using Harden to generate click revenue like Clutch did for Jeremy Lin. I hear they both swim in money pits Scrooge McDuck style.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Coach Nick is a biased hack that has no utility beyond pointing out obvious ish like when a team is running "horns" or "elevator doors"

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

At this point, it doesn't matter. Harden's lack of defense is already ingrained in the minds of most, that EVERY lapse in defense is going to get magnified.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

HARDEN doesn't get the concept of defense. Harden ball watches like gollum stares at the ring. It's sad no coach can implement a fundamental thing, watch your man idiot not the ball.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Highly exaggerated? Don't u think.

A little harsh calling the team leader of USA/rockets and idiot. He's got the highest bbiq on this USA team thats Forsure.

12. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Fine, the name calling is unnecessary. But otherwise, cheke hit it on the nose. He's very undisciplined on defense and does just ball watch. He might get away with it against bad international teams and get some steals and highlight dunks/assists as a result. But it's a habit that results in too many easy baskets and open shots.

He's the leader by default maybe? And anyway, him being the "leader" doesn't save him from criticism.

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

smh...Harden will be Harden not going to change sigh...look at the score wasn't even like their blowing out their opponent for that kind of LAZY defense.

LAZY LAZY LAZY ...24 playing like 34 year old

14. Amir's Johnson

You are a foolish asian.

15. try

try Member

Funny that on one of the plays after this one, Klay Thompson who is often praised for his defense was ball watching and let his man wander right down the baseline to the exact opposite corner without even noticing it. Turkey couldn't take advantage of it though, I think the ball was stolen at the top of the key.
    But as it was one of the beloved splash brothers and not the evil Harden, nobody cares.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

You literally just took a 3 second clip to be intellectually dishonest about a 40 minute game.

But I'm sure you shut your eyes when he's chasing down curling patterns, fighting through picks, crowding on-ball, and getting 3 steals and very high +/-.

Haven't watched the New Zealand game yet, but anyone who has been watching the 1st 2 games and all the exhibition games can clearly see a remarkable change in effort and production from Harden on the defensive side. I look forward to when it gets to the point when those parroting last year's defensive woes as if it's still relevant start to make themselves look silly.

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

281 players in the World Cup. USA's team is all All-Stars. Many other teams have NBA players, many of which are top tier players.

-Harden currently ranks #7 overall in Defensive Rating.
    -He's #3 overall in Defensive Rating, taking out bigs and focusing on wing defenders.
    -He's #1 overall in Defensive Rating, taking out bigs, focusing on wing defenders, and filtering out players who don't start / play at least 20+ minutes.

-Harden current ranks #2 overall in Defensive Win Share %.

-Harden current ranks #1 overall in steals.

But, ya'know...we gotta 3 second Vine gif, so we good.

1 person likes this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Who the hell is this Coach Nick guy? He always comes off as a picky hater.

And why can't I seem to find his last name? It's driving me crazy. All I can see is that he coached high school varsity basketball for 3 years.

Wait I found his last name....Nick Hauselman!

And he was FIRED from his high school team lol

http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/20...ing_wp_cron=1409695949.9500770568847656250000

I don't know how true or false the comments section of that link is but Coach Nick doesn't have a lot of fans there.

1 person likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thanks for the kind words.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If you go back to the game threads I was the first one that exploded in rage about this defense. I use to argue with swyyguy or jsizzle about the coaching until they jumped in the bandwagon. I have an eye bbq that no one else has seen. I'm biting my tongue on a lot of stuff because I have a lot of himmies that don't like it when I give constructive criticism, they call it negative.