1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So Teddy is stupid and can't throw the deep ball, eh...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jdr6000, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdr6000

jdr6000 Member

from: http://www.startribune.com/sports/v...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The biggest knock against Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was his deep ball accuracy.

Well, offensive coordinator Norv Turner said on Wednesday that he hasn’t seen that as a weakness from the rookie.

“I knew he’d make great decisions, quick decisions, but he has been outstanding throwing the deep ball, which some people thought would be an issue.

“I think in the six-to-eight weeks we’ve had him on the field, I think he’s been put in a position where’s he’s had to make most of the throws he would have to make. I think he can make all the throws he needs to make.”

Turner said that Bridgewater has been very instinctive during OTAs and following the first of three mandatory minicamp days on Tuesday and someone that knows how to work. The Vikings have already allowed Bridgewater to ability to audible play calls. Turner said Bridgewater receives multiple plays at the line of scrimmage, like Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel. It was on display during Tuesday’s minicamp when Bridgewater audibled during the team portion of practice.

“I think Teddy came in as a great quarterback obviously,” Cassel said on Tuesday. “I think he was well-coached in college [at Louisville]. He does a great job picking up the system. He’s aware of defenses and very knowledgeable on it. I think he’s done a great job up to this point.”

It’s still an open competition at quarterback, as Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said on Tuesday, but a lot of positive signs so far in regards to the quarterback with skinny knees and small hands.

I know most of you could care less about Teddy since he isn't a Texan, but I just had to post this. Norv pretty much defused the "negatives" that were attributed to Bridgewater during the pre-draft process.

In the end, those negatives helped him tremendously as Teddy went to a perfect scenario: great (and proven) qb coach, good corp group of young receivers, solid o-line, and a so-so running back to help carry the load.

Carry on...carry on...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A coach talks up one of their rookies? NO WAY!

On a completely unrelated note, remember the reports this time last year about how awesome Blaine Gabbert was doing in camp?

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

4. jdr6000

jdr6000 Member

Ha ha ha ha ha...

One way to look at it...but, then again, bragging about your rook in public could put pressure on him...especially saying that he is fantastic with the deep ball. Norv already knows what a great first round scoop they took away from Houston.

Bobby, if the Vikes didn't trade up he would be on "your" roster. You got oh sooo close.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Omg let it go! When TB amounts to anything in the NFL then maybe we can revisit what HUGE mistake the Texans made. Dont hold your breath.

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

A.) He's not a Texan, and hasn't played a single quarter in the NFL, so this is DEFINITELY the wrong forum....

B.) We actually "couldn't care less".....just thought I would point that one out.....

carry on....

7. Remii

Remii Member

Adrian Peterson is a so-so running back huh... I'm assuming you're being sarcastic.

I don't see how Norv proved anything when no games have been played. Wait until Teddy gets on the field in live action and then make a thread. You're a lil premature.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I hope you are ready to eat crow about Teddy when the season starts.

9. conquistador#11

audibles? what are those? like wave files compressed?

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Can't Wait!!......:grin:

11. Raven

Raven Member

Wrong forum. Let's hope the mod locks it.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1. He's not even expected to start this year over Ponder and Cassel.
    2. He wasn't "almost" on the Texans, they'd have passed on him again even if the Vikes didn't trade up.
    3. Coaches lie, especially about QB's in the preseason.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Well hell lets just wave the HOF requirements and induct him now

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

In street clothes TB looks like he just graduated from Junior High School. I don't why, but he does.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wow...a coach talking up a rookie before the season. This is new and has never happened before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.