1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2014] Apple's WWDC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 2, 2014.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The upcoming iPhone has nearly nailed all the requirements it failed for me previously, like bigger screen, 3rd party keyboard, open app sharing, etc. The only thing holding it back from consideration now is widgets on the home screen which seems like biggest thing Apple is adverse to. Oh well...maybe when it's actually time to change phones in 2 years (I hope) they might change their mind.

BTW, they opened up a public beta sign up for 10.10:
    https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Can't wait.

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I'm not trying to single you out, but why not just get a Nexus 5/Android device? That's basically what the iPhone is now, no?

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

That is what I have and pretty happy with. Never owned an iphone actually. I always like more choices though, I try everything out whenever its time for a new device whether it's my phone or computer. At this point I'd only consider Android or Windows phone but like I said it's still going to be awhile (unless my phone breaks).

The one bonus though would be integration on the same ecosystem since I still prefer OS X.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

No.

I think both OSes are solid, but they are more than just bullet points on a list. They each have their own unique feel and pros and cons. Among the tons of stuff Apple announced today, they are adding some of those bullet points that have been great additions to Android, but even with it both systems are very much their own thing.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Welcome to 2011

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

The interaction of devices with texting and email is pretty interesting, if you are on the latest OSX and ios devices.

7. Major

Major Member

One of the biggest and least talked about improvements is allowing apps access to the fingerprint authorization system. If banks and the like allow you to login using that, it will make life much easier on mobile, especially for people who use longer and complex passwords for those types of sites.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The faster we eliminate passwords, the better.