1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Chat: Francis and Mobley should share the ball more...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=3688

Karl (Houston): Anyways can you please tell me if there will be changes in the Rockets roster?

Ken Bikoff (Basketball News): The Rockets are going to look for players who can play tough defense while starting to make Yao Ming the focus of the offense. I like Eddie Griffin playing under Jeff Van Gundy if Griffin goes back to being the player he was in college. As for Francis and Cuttino Mobley, they will have to share the ball a little more and play with more discipline. If they aren't willing to get on board with that plan, the Rockets could make some moves. But they won't come until after the draft.

What moves? Trade for draft picks? Free agents? :confused:

2. Ben Lusky

Ben Lusky Member

I just read that interview. I feel like this guy doesnt really know what he is talking about. He said moves will come after the draft, and that Griffin should be good under VG. I feel he would be better, but all signs point to us moving him sometime soon.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

He says the exact same thing they all say. No ****, Sherlock.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What signs are you talking about? That some people opened a few threads here with some ludicrous trade proposals like Griffin for an over-the-hill, almost 35 year old guy with $ 37 mio. left over three years on his contract? I have yet to hear any indication from the Rockets or a reputable source that Griffin is on the market.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, that's like saying if the Rockets lose more games than they win...their record will be below .500.

Great. Thanks for the info, Ken.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hello, Captain Obvious