1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waller County: 'Illegal' Lane Change leads to Death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Sick of this case. She was combative. Had she acted intelligently and with respect and not been snotty she never would have gone to jail.

She was treated fine in the jail by all accounts. She took her own life because she obviously had some behavioral problems. She's not a martyr of any kind. She's actually a role model for how not to live your life.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The cop was initially combative. Had he acted professionally and with courtesy, she may not have reacted to his hostility with disrespect.

I have no idea if any of that would have prevented her committing suicide.

That cop was a role model for how not to conduct yourself professionally.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Nice try to deflect and focus on the cop. And by "nice" I mean pathetic. You are cleared a biased individual. Sandra was acting the fool and showing nothing but disrespect from the beginning. But the cop is a total red herring in this whole story. The cop didn't kill her. The cop dropped her off at the jail. Sandra killed herself at the jail, so the cop is totally irrelevant.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Cop didn't kill her. Bland already had issues and unfortunately this incident put her over the edge.

All that said, glad the cop is fired because he's a terrible cop that abused his power.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Glad he was fired i hope what he did can be used as a training lesson to teach other cops on how not to handle a issue of this kind.

6. bigtexxx

I would hope that people watch the video of Sandra Bland and learn not to act like a completely disrespectful ass to police. Nothing good can come of that.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm not going to fall for your trolling today that cop made this stop go bad other wise he would still have a job and not have been indicted.So stop the dam trolling .

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And when he beats the case you'll still have that opinion, and you'll still be wrong. This story is 100% about a crazy hostile woman who killed herself. I get the desire to blame someone else for her crazy hostile actions, but it's just not a good case to do so.

9. bigtexxx

You are so biased. If you think that Sandra's behavior was acceptable, then you might consider enrolling in some remedial manners coursework. She acted like an out of control, disrespectful idiot. Watch the video.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Another case of 'I demand more from the untrained citizen than the trained professional in deescalation because I'm an idiot'.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If anything though, it does show just how easy it is for a prosecutor to get an indictment no matter how frivolous the case. They have literally a zero percent chance of convicting this guy of Perjury but somehow they managed to convince a grand jury to go forward with the sham trial anyway.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Cop lost his cool and now lost his job. But funny how they only fired him after the indictment. I'm guessing union power.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

As always you're wrong again if there was a reason for him to be charged then that would mean he did something wrong he has already lost his job now he will be going to jail and i would still have this same opinion if some how he was to beat the case.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Your the one who is biased i didn't state that what she did was right but him being a officer of the law he is held to a higher standard and has been trained in how to deal with people like her and he didn't use his training and got indicted for it so once again you petty trolling and insults will not work here.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

both acted a fool, but only one was a paid professional

16. bigtexxx

You're a lost cause, unfortunately, due to your bias.

Also, please, I want to help you. "Your", as you wrote it, does not mean "you are". That's "you're".

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Says the most biased poster on these forums.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Isn't the issue with the officer based on the fact that he perjured himself?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, they are charging him with Perjury, a case that has literally no chance of a conviction. Specifically they are saying that he was lying when he said that he asked the woman out of the car for safety reasons. The Supreme Court has already ruled that there is an inherent safety reason to ask someone in a car to step out of the vehicle. Since the SC has held that the safety reason is always valid, there's absolutely no chance you can get a Perjury conviction when someone says that they asked a person out of the vehicle for safety reasons.

It's just an example of a prosecutor wanting and getting an indictment on a frivolous charge. After the cop easily beats the case against him, I'd expect him to think about suing for wrongful termination.

That's what the allegations are, but Perjury is a notoriously difficult thing to prove and a very much impossible thing to prove in this instance.

20. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Well said... QFT.