1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Zac D, May 14, 2002.

1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

...will be Thursday night, unless a bunch of people that I like :)p ) can't make it. Let's call it 7:00 central, so that I'm not up till midnight just doing free agency again.

It'll work the same way it did last year. Please try not to bother attempting to get, for example, Jung Bong with a 4 for 2 offer... because you know darned well it isn't going to happen, and all that offers like that accomplish is to take up time. Free agency should go faster than it did last year though, since Heath is slightly more handcuffed financially now than he was then. :D

Finally, last year some people were a victim of not being informed via email that a free agent who preferred their offer had changed his mind. I don't think the game does this intentionally, but I'm wondering if it might actually be somewhat realistic - "Damn, if you're going to offer me THAT much, I'll just sign that bad boy right now." I could try to just tell people when they've been outbid, even if they don't receive an email about it, but that creates the potential for errors by me and people might feel a bit shortchanged if I fail to note an offer that they should know about. The point of that is, I plan to just tell you all what the computer tells you, but if (as a group) you strongly feel that I should inform people when they've been outbid regardless of whether they get an email, then let me know and we'll do it that way.

Thank you for your patience. :)

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I wish that you would do it tomorrow. If not, I'll have to get someone to fill in for me.

I think that would be good to let us know when we are outbid.

I mean I thought I had Jack Cust for sure because all he would say to me is "I like your offer the best." Then the f*cker signs with Heath like everyone else.

If I had known that, I could have offered more money.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm afraid I can't make it Thursday night. Of course, If nobody else objects I guess there is nothing I can do. Anyway, I guess I'll just go with emailing my bids if it's not changed.

I can make it any other night this week but Thursday.

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I will probably be available thursday but I will definitely not be here until late friday. I have to go see SWEII.

Also i was one of the no mail victims but i have no problem with that. After thinking about it I think it is kinda underhanded but actually a fairly realistic possibility.

CK

#4 Castor27, May 14, 2002
    Last edited: May 14, 2002
  5. IVFL

IVFL Member

I should be there as well, hopefully I can figure out how this all works by then:D

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Zac - I sent you an email...hopefully, it makes sense.

7. Band Geek Mobster

I personally think we should keep FA the way it was last year...

I take it you plan on updating the free agents page before we actual start bidding, right?

Also, don't worry, I only have 4-6 bids...:)

8. Heath

Heath Member

Please update ahead of time so we can to our first e-mail early. And dont worry I will only offer for 25 players as that is all I can fit in my roster. :D

9. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

For the love of god, Ona Mellon is not a free agent.

Yes, I'm going to update it before it starts.

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Zac I sent an email but I am not sure it went to the right address. If you don't get it please reply here so I can re-send it.

CK

11. IVFL

IVFL Member

NOw how is this going to work, I was not here for last year. Do we meet in the chat or do we do this by email, or both. If someone could fill the "tourist" in it would be great.

12. Band Geek Mobster

Idaho Dude, it would be easier to explain if you came into chat...