1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Kevin Martin (or Aaron Brooks) for _____ Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Nov 4, 2010.

1. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

According to the ESPN Trade Machine, Scola and Lowry cannot be traded because they are base-year compensation players. We will never trade Yao. That leaves Kevin Martin and Aaron Brooks as our two main players to trade.

My solution: Kevin Martin, Shane Battier, Jermaine Taylor (and however many draft picks it takes) for Andre Iguodala and Andres Nocioni. The picks are to compensate the Sixers for not taking on Elton Brand. We would take on Noci who has two years left though. AI is a good enough ball handler to help out Brooks and good enough defensively to allow Bud to start.

New Lineup:
    Brooks
    Iguodala
    Bud
    Scola
    Yao

2nd Unit:
    Lowry
    Lee
    Nocioni
    Hill
    Miller

Situationals:
    Hayes
    Jared
    Ish
    Damp

Unrealistic? Better trade? Then Post.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brooks goes before Martin.

He's the undersized less skilled player with a bad temper.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We have a random trade thread. Use it.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Aaron has just looked so poor this season. We need a floor general and we aren't getting that out of him. For the life of me I don't know why. Isn't he the reason why we got rid of Ariza? Salary benefits and Courtney Lee aside, I thought we all knew going into this season that this is Aaron's team. He just seems like he doesn't know that a bunch of other guys are counting on him...

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Kevin Martin >>>>>>> Brooks ... not even close...

--RB

6. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Maybe. But who has a quality PG (that can shoot) who is available on the market in return? Jose Calderon...but his D is worse. I guess I'm positive on Brooks because he is our most clutch player.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's not that kind of PG. He's a scorer.

People make way too much of "redundant" players around here. But if 2 players on our team are reduntant, it's KMart and AB.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I disagree, he can be a commander. True, he is more of a scoring point guard, but at the same token his play seems to set the pace of the entire team. When AB pierces the defense and gets up the court fast it puts a kink in the other team's system. He doesn't do that nearly as much. When AB hits shots from damn near the parking lot it spreads the floor, he hasn't been doing that either. AB can take command even with his scoring alone, but he hasn't...

9. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

That may be true. But trading K-Mart over Brooks doesn't mean that Brooks is better. For my example, the Sixers have Holiday and Williams so they wouldn't need Brooks. Trading Iggy would open up time for Turner. A Williams/Holiday, Martin, Turner perimeter (with Battier for D) would help them more than getting Brooks. And I think for us, our team would have another good ball-handler in Iggy and be much more explosive with Bud in the lineup too. Our fast break would be so much more potent. And feeding Yao would be option 2 if the break is not there.

A win, win.

10. mag

mag Contributing Member

Brooks size is always going to be a problem. Trade him before his value continues going down!

11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Trading for a decent passing SF won't solve our problems.

12. AggieRocketsFan

How about a Kevin Martin + Aaron Brooks for ____________?

13. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

It does when he is comparable to Battier defensively, allows Bud to start, and increase our fast break attack. Our athleticism and easy baskets would increase substantially. Iggy can also create his own shot.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

AB, Battier and #1 pick for Nash

Simple, defense isn't working anyway, might as well go for one of the better available PGuards in the game. Nash only has one year remaining after this year, so no long term effect on the squad's cap room.

15. van chief

van chief Member

Correct, we are seemingly in the same position The Kings were in last year.

16. van chief

van chief Member

No, we are in the same position the Kings were in last year.

Right now we have two starting undersized guys in our back court and we need an aggressive guy in the low post to do dirty work, be an offensive threat and play solid high energy D.

17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade Martin before Brooks. If ur team have Kevin Martin, ur team cann't win

18. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Why not trade for Iggy without giving up Martin or Brooks (I think this could still be done)? They seem to want to rebuild with cap space, young talent and picks anyways. They don't need Brooks because they have Holiday so maybe a package with Hill, Lee or Taylor would suffice. With that said, any of the following work for Iggy just add a pick or two and it should be feasible.

1. Jeffries/Lee/Patterson
    2. Battier/Patterson/Taylor
    3. Jeffries/Hayes/Lee
    4. Battier/Hayes/Taylor
    5. Battier/Hill
    6. Jeffries/Budinger/Hill

I would do any one of those trades, as Iggy can be a valuable all around swingman who will round out our roster. If we can trade Jeffries instead of Battier, we can have a defensive lineup of Lowry/Iggy/Battier/Hayes/Dampier and an offensive lineup of AB/Martin/Iggy/Scola/Yao.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I would send AB instead.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You really don't know why he hasn't been himself? Seriously? Morey ought to know.