1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Should Rockets trade Lin, Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Broford

Broford Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9465925/nba-houston-trade-jeremy-lin-omer-asik

2 people like this.
  2. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Thank you. Been wondering if anyone was gonna post this all day.

3. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

I don't understand how the freaking Clippers have a better shot at the title than us. Makes no sense to me...

4. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Thx for posting

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good read. I was waiting for someone to post that.

Lin as a 6th man is a great idea and outside of CF would be a good discussion to have.

But I agree that we will (and should) largely sit still for now.

6. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I was thinking the same thing....maybe because of Doc Rivers? lol

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Don't light the fire....

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OK. Ignore that part. How about this:

"Asik will be a great backup and I'm confident Morey will hold on to him until we can net something of value in a trade. As for the position of point guard, I have no comment."

1 person likes this.
  9. Broford

Broford Member

I really do like the prospect of holding onto Asik. Remember last season, the Rockets were absolutely dreadful every time they stopped off the court. Greg Smith absolutely cannot anchor a defense. We got young improving players at PF with Jones and Motiejunas. Unless a killer deal comes along, I'd rather give either of them a shot to earn the starting job than watch teams run over the Rockets every time Dwight sits. Plus, there will be times when both Garcia and Parsons will be on the floor, stretching out the defense.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Because their roster production is stable. Whereas the Rockets have many players that our fans automatically assumes large growth while projections probably assumes small to no growth.

11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Thanks for posting!:grin:

12. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Lin as a 6th man is a great idea....if you have a point guard who could shoot around 40% from the 3 and wouldn't foul out in 25 minutes. Bev's college and eurostats do not suggest he could ever consistently shoot 40% from the 3 with major minutes, and his habit of fouling at a high rate will not go unnoticed. Also, we really have no idea what kind of 3 point shooter Bev would be if he played his hard brand of defense for 30 minutes...would he have the legs to shoot? His playoff and euro stats say no...

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I would probably put them ahead of the Rockets at the moment. They can only getter better than last season with the addition of Doc Rivers and 2 sharp proven sharp shooters in Reddick and Dudley.

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

We should try to trade for Marcus Camby. The raptors are shopping him so I bet we could give them a 2nd for him. That way we get max value out of asik and still have a pretty decent backup.

15. Broford

Broford Member

The Clippers' interior defense still remains a huge problem. Having DeAndre Jordan in the middle really handicaps their potential.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not 100% sold on Beverley as a starter at this point, but I just think Lin could be such a good sixth man that it would be worth giving it a shot.

Having Lin take the reigns to the offense when Harden is out would be a way to get the most out of him. I'm confident Bev can eventually improve enough to be a 4th or 5th option on an offense while playing good D, if not the crazy hustle D he played as a backup.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't buy Bev as a starter. Yes we admire his high-wire defense and hustle off the bench but will he have the energy to bring it for a longer span and against the opposing team's starters? I remember our offense looking stagnant when he the primary playmaker at times too.

18. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Is casspi any good? Haven't seen too much of him...will he get decent minutes?

19. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

This man speaks the hard truth despite how much I hate it. Clippers did get better in the backcourt....but their front court is still softer then tissue paper. For god sake in Rocket's only win against the Clippers this year, Blake Griffin got punked by Greg Smith.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thank you for posting the ESPN article. Basically the Rockets are in the scrum for the trophy. Isn't that all we can ask for as fans?