1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offense or Defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dogbelly, Nov 8, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

So far, I have been very impressed that the Rockets have been winning without much consistency from the offense. I keep waiting for the Rockets to get into more of an offensive rhythm. I keep telling myself that with the way they are playing defense, once the offense starts clicking, the Rockets will be very hard to stop.

The thing is, with all of the emphasis placed on defense, will the Rockets be able to get into a higher powered offensive mode. We all know that when you are going up against a great offensive player, the coach says the best way to get him out of rhythm is to make him play defense.

I guess my question is does anyone think that the Rockets poor offense is a result of their better defensive play this year? And if so, should they adjust at all?