1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serious question about people's crush on Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chenjy9, Jan 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What makes you love Love so much more than say Smith, Aldridge, Jefferson, or any other star 4? I see so many more posts from people wanting to get Love over others and I am not sure why.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Elite rebounding, inside game, outside game, youth.

1 person likes this.
  3. Arthurprescott2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r4p8qxGbpOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. catch22

catch22 Member

hype, just hype

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His last name is LOVE! How can you not love LOVE?!

[​IMG]

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

make my day:grin::grin::grin:

7. ThaShark316_28

Yes, just hype.

Probably the best 4 in the game...just hype. ELITE LEVEL rebounder...just hype.

F this, I'm out.... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Is he really that much better than Smith or Aldrige?

9. catch22

catch22 Member

i didn't say he is not elite, but out of all the elites, i'd take josh smith

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't know about you people, but I love both Kevin Kove and Joash Smith.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At least Love takes good 3's unlike Josh "Bonehead" Smith.

12. ThaShark316_28

OK, catch22 is high.

Next.... [​IMG]

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I believe he is in the conversation for best Power Forward in the game. That doesn't mean that Josh Smith/Big Al/Aldridge aren't great players, because they are. My thoughts are:

Josh Smith: Would be great on defense and fast breaks, but would hurt the spacing of the offense. It would be hard for Lin and Harden to take it to the basket with Asik, Smith, and their defenders clogging the paint.

Aldridge: Not likely that Portland would trade him, and I am concerned that he might have reoccurring back problems. I would love to have him on this team, I just don't see it happening.

Jefferson: Great post player, he'll block some shots, but that's about it. He would make us a legit playoff contender, but I'd rather go all in for another top tier type player that can help take us to the top.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

Same question can be asked for Lin

1 person likes this.
  15. thething

thething Contributing Member

Why is Aldridge always brought up in these conversations? I don't see how we could ever get him. He's really as much of an option as Tim Duncan is.

16. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

When healthy he's maybe the best rebounder in the game. He can shoot the three, free throw, and mid range shots with consistency. Would go great paired with Harden or Lin in the pick and roll, cuz he can also pop for the shot or roll to the basket. Asik would be left unguarded to get offensive rebounds when Love is in the pick and roll. Plus he's an All-Star with Youth.

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Because our power forwards, Morris and Patterson, suck at rebounding on a consistent basis. Love is quite possibly the best rebounder in the game. He is also a really good outside shot (which is what we need) and his inside game is also really good. He's prefect for the system, likes McHale, and apparently is good friends with Harden.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Because he fits the offensive perfectly, and is an elite rebounder.

Asik + Love means we will almost never give up an offensive rebound (better defense), and we will add posessions to the offense.

Bottom line is you do whatever is necessary to get him, short of trading Asik or Harden.

If that means Parsons, DMo, and Greg Smith have to go...then thats what you do.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Because for a second it seemed like Portland might be in full rebuild mode and LMA already said he doesn't want to be a part of that. If the Blazers had continued to play bad he might have been a real option at the trade deadline.

20. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Rebounds and shoots better than the others you have pointed out. When healthy of course.

I would take Love, than Aldridge, than Smith, than Jefferson.

#20 BmwM3, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013