1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play Vs. James Harden at 3PM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Jan 31, 2013.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Harden is playing 3 people in a game of 'SPRINT' (I'm guessing it's like HORSE except sponsored by SPRINT) at 3PM today. Check out his tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"> <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/297081165368659968">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2 people like this.
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

BTW, is that tweet displaying correctly for everyone? I'm not sure if I'm embedding it right. Here it is in a simple copy/paste just in case...

James Harden @JHarden13 19m
    It's On! Who's up for a game of SPRINT? I'll play 3 fans at 3 pm at Burnett Bayland Rec Ctr, 6000 Chimney Rock Rd. #SprintHarden Bring it!

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Did anyone make it out to this? In case you missed it, looks like there's 2 more chances to see him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"> <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/status/297095974608834560">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"> <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/status/297107059890085888">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

4. Orange

Orange Member

My friend was at the park, he said someone beat him at a game of Horse.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

what a bust. How does an NBA player let a nobody beat him?

Trade this scrub now

6. Orange

Orange Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h8F0Yz2awJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I probably was standing near you.

I was one of the first people there. I knew he would be out there since yesterday but I couldn't put it out there yet.

I'm upload videos and photos when I get home later. At the mall eating food cause I'm hungry.

He's going to be at the sprint store signing autographs on beechnut.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That person that won used to post here sorta. He was a rowdy. Don't believe he is one this year.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I see how it is Kam. Make sure the word doesn't get it out so you can have more Harden for yourself?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, admitted to getting beat.

"I wanted to go home(laughing/joking). Felt like vs. the Nuggets last night."

11. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Man, he sure is in love with 3s :)

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Same shot after shot. Wanted to see some trick shots.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay, let me give you the story. I wish I alerted more people. I didn't know how "secret" this was. The person giving the tip made it out to be bigger than what it really was. Basically, it was some sponsorship deal with Sprint. He was going through out the area, specifically, the southwest area of Houston. You can check my twitter, I had the heads up since yesterday afternoon.

Basically, some Representative from Sprint was giving raffle tickets, and they would pull out three tickets. Basically, a former (at least I haven't seen him at the section, a brother in law of someone who works at that center, and probably a lawn mower cutter person. They picked someone who got their ticket after me. The brother in law guy got the damn ticket. It could have been me shooting but I don't think I would play because my shooting is horrendous. I took two practice shots while waiting. First one went off the side of the rim, the second hit the side of the square. I haven't picked up a basketball since August 2012. :(

The first set of shooting was awesome. Everyone made their 3 point shot, including lawn mower man. I was like damn, this might be good. It was going good until NO ONE brought out the creativity. Same ol' spot after same ol' spot. A few of the fans watching it called them out on it, and had James Harden rolling. You're playing freaking HORSE. move around, call your shots, do something spectacular. People got their cameras, and phone going on. We can upload for posterity. If you mess up, great, we all mess up all the time, but if you hit it, you're the man.

It went a while. I got some decent photos and videos, I'll upload the video maybe. I heard someone mention Clutchfans. One of the younger guys. Which one of you was it. If you didn't know, you were standing next to greatness, a top 100 user. A top 50 user. According to my sources, the Rowdy/ex Rowdy's name is Cliff. Actually, I was familiar with it years back. He won, pretty good shooter.

And here are the stills from the gym.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Capri Pants. Terrible.

They went to the Galleria Footlocker. I would have gone, but I had to go back to downtown, and then I went through Memorial, but drove slowly. MILFS jogging. Got to yield and be nice.
    And then he went to Dave and Busters Richmond. Just check his twitter.

And then finally Sprint Store on Beechnut. He signed autographs and took photos.

The end.

edit, found this one on twitter.

there was some hunnie in blue taking this photo.

[​IMG]

#13 Kam, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  14. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

i know 6 guys in that last picture lol

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

awesome...thx for posting these Kam...'er "greatness."

16. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah he can't make those threes in game anymore. Not surprised he missed em in HORSE either lol.

17. Orange

Orange Member

Do you know henok ??

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nice vid! (why do people still hold their phones like that to shoot video in 2013?) Nice pics, thanks!

19. tefunk

tefunk Member

20. Mprice

Mprice Member

I know Henok haha and Jimmy in this picture, we all grew up at this gym I wish I could have made out there.