1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please let Yao to play 12 mins on back-to-backs instead of 0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Oct 28, 2010.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

Imagine we at least can have Yao for a quarter tonight. I know he aint fast but he'll help us the slow the pace of the game down and not play how the Warriors want to play. Imagine Yao guarding the paint, other players can spread out a little more and defend the three point line.

Is 12 mins gonna matter on back to backs? I don't think so. The possibility that he might get injured in 12 mins is like equal to 2 hours of practice.

2. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

No. This is incredibly stupid.

He has enough difficulty getting into game rhythm with only 24 minutes. He would simply be horrible if he was only playing 12. Instead of having his effect in 1 out of 2 games, we'd have no effect from him in either game.

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

Oh yeah and for those smart asses that are going to say "there's a game analysis thread". Where the point is not based on this game tonight only. Is on all back to backs.

4. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I think Rick implied earlier that during the second half of the season (after allstar break) we will unleash Yao with no time constraints

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

So you think for the rest of the season he'll be having difficulties getting into game rhythm with 24 minutes? Yao is usually the most efficient at the beginning of the game.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

im not going to tell you this should have gone in the game thread, but only because this comment should have NEVER been made, anywhere.

you dont understand that the time restriction isn't out of fear of him having an injury, but to bring along the foot slowly since it was REALIGNED. You can't just shove him in there and create all kinds of stress right off the bat.

!!!!!

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

This is the story of the Houston Rocket franchise......

Rockets are so bad, we need a 1 legged man to even feel like we have a chance to win.

This is why Championship teams don't purposely draft 2nd round draft picks to start for teams and say "Hey for the money we spent, we are getting a quality player"

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yao isnt gonna do it. The Dr says so. I am sorry but i dont agree with it either. if he cant play 24 minutes a night for the whole season? Well i dont see what we are doing with him. They should consider trading Yao.

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

REALIGNED what?? Let's just play Yao already....if he injured...NO PROBLEM...let's do more surgery in the summer...i heard Yao love surgeries.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I wish Rockets trade Yao to a team that use his minutes instead of over-cautious. It's more painful to see your best player sit out than seeing him get injured.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

are you trying to be funny or something?

his foot, it's pretty self explanatory. If you're not familiar with the procedure done, then maybe you shouldnt be judging how they're handling it.

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

so 12 minutes only on bal to back will create "all kinds of stress roght off the bat"? gove me a break. you saw how yao was watching the game? we wouldve won having him defending the paint for a quarter.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Worked for Ilgauskas. He played 30mpg in 81 games after he had his foot realigned. But Yao's a bigger star and a cash cow so they're understandably being more cautious than the Cavs were.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

think for a second...the stress ADDS UP. It's not just one night of 12 mins...it's 12 mins within 24 hrs of playing over 20 and jumping countless times!!

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No he didnt. You're looking at the first healthy year he had, he came back prior to that and struggled to play. There's no way he played 81 games after he came back because he came back in the middle of the season, like late december.

Yao has surpassed Z's rehab by a few months, but Z took several months after initially coming back to regain his form...so Yao should still be a few months away.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I think he is worthless nearly using him like thos on back to backs. I dont know how many but we might get alot of losses like that. It was my understanding we would limit him when he came back and thats it. Of course we are dealing with the Rockets organization and the way they handled Tmac? Well i expected nothing less than a disaster again in handling Yao. I think he can take 24 a night. A strict 24 for every game. If he cant? He is worthless for us in the future going forward. At least at that salary.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

so i take it you've examined Yao's foot lately? done some tests, xrays, all that good stuff? Otherwise how could you possibly know he can take 24 every night?

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao is a liability. Trade him for a lesser Center that can play the entire game and more.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm wondering if we wouldn't do better having him sit out until he is capable of playing more minutes.

I'm certainly not a doctor...but if you're telling me that resting him for another 3 months would mean he could play 31 minutes a game instead of 24 AND be able to play back to backs...I'd say that would be better than this on again, off again stuff. It would help you actually build a team with some fluidity that could develop chemistry by actually playing with one another regularly.

20. kevtse

kevtse Member

If Yao broke his foot tonight, what would you say?