1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

With the 14th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft the Houston Rockets select

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, Apr 25, 2010.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Post who you think the Rockets will draft 60 days from now. It will be fun to look back and see if anyone gets it right.

I will start:

Ed Davis

2. MingMingDynasty

I really hope Ekpe Udoh is available (and the Rockets want him). He reminds me of a harder working, more likable stromile swift.

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think he will be special, but Toronto might end up nabbing him with the 13th pick if Bosh leaves.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

well they won't find out if he's leaing till after the draft so he might still be there.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

You mean "with the first pick"

7. Raven

Raven Member

I'm sort of expecting the pick to be traded. Morey did say he was open to that idea.

8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Anything is possible :)

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dk7Il3EqI0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

"We have a trade to announce. The Houston Rockets have traded the rights to #14 Ed Davis, and the contracts of Jordan Hill and Shane Battier, a future first round draft choice, and cash considerations to the Toronto Raptors for the contract of Chris Bosh."

11. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

I expect a trade. We will want to win now in the season that will be coming up for us. I expect the pick to be an incentive.

12. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

I never noticed the hand trying to help the interviewer when Garnett starts screaming. :grin:

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

God I hate that guy.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel the same way. I expect him to go for the BPA.

15. jvu

jvu Member

HASSAN WHITESIDE!

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

ya I think so too

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Can't trade for him until after the draft during free agency. If there's a trade on draft night, it will probably be to move up.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's really too tough to tell.

Are we moving forward with Luis Scola (re-signed), Jordan Hill, and Chuck Hayes manning the 4?

Bosh is an obvious trade target and I wouldn't be surprised if we acquire him---we have the players and picks. I do question Scola consenting to a trade or sticking around, albeit for good money, as a backup, knowing he'll be traded after we acquire Bosh anyway.

There are too many routes to go as far as trades, but Morey's demeanor suggests he already has a trade worked out somewhere, whether or not it means we trade the #14 pick or use it to draft a backup to reinforce the spot that loses depth in any trade (trade Brooks? draft Eric Bledsoe; etc).

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, that would be groovy, even though it's highly improbable. Toronto would have to be crazy or desperate. Probably both.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'll make a prediction:

There is no way we will pick at number 14.