1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier in Sina's blog updated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ying861020, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ying861020

ying861020 Member

I just watched the opening ceremonies and I was in awe of the spectacular show of the Opening Ceremonies. I have never seen anything like it. The Bird's Nest looked absolutely perfect and the atmosphere was electric. When I toured the Bird's Nest last summer, I had my doubts over whether the builders would be able to finish construction before the opening ceremony. Wow, was I wrong or what?

I know how important the opening ceremonies were for China. It was a re-introduction of China's history and traditions to the world. I am certain that the world watching was also impressed.

I was so happy for my good friend Yao Ming. I know he was so proud to lead his countrymen into the Olympics. The story of the young boy who was a hero during the Sichuan Earthquake was also an inspiring story. It looked like he was having a great time out there. I don't know if he understood the magnitude and significance of the night, but he did an outstanding job.

The choreography and the artistry of the opening ceremonies was nothing short of jaw-dropping. It was so beautiful and the precision with which it was executed was also so impressive. I can only imagine the time it took to practice and perfect the routines. My personal favorite was the painting that the different dancers painted of the mountains and the sun. It was so cool to have all the athletes walk over the painting and add color to the painting. It was just so creative.

I am looking forward to the competition of the games. The Olympics are a special time when the world can come together and forget their differences in the name of sports and competition. While I wish my Chinese fans all the luck in the world, I will be loudly cheering for my countrymen and the USA!!!!! It should be a great medal competition between our two great countries. Best of luck!!!!!

I will be checking in over the next 2 weeks to give my thoughts on the games; it's going to be great!

Talk to you soon friends,

Shane

ps. Here is the latest picture of my son Zeke. He is the best! Enjoy

I like the two T-shirts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

His son is white ?

3. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

wow seems like battier is happy about his son, he's soooo cute

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

His wife is white.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

well to answer your question shane battier's father was black and his mother was white AND Shane married a white woman. Thus, his son is 75% white and 25% black. Gee, just can't figure out how Zeke looks so fair skinned :rolleyes:

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

man shanes wife is a milf.shes so hot.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I believe Shane is of mixed race too....

DD

8. kona-

kona- Member

Ya, Shanes wife is pretty good looking.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

She definitely doesn't look like that nowadays. Even after she gets rid of the baby fat, she'll be a soccer mom.

10. sgwjj

sgwjj Member

HE IS NOT A WHITE?

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Is that BattiersBaby? :D She has to give up that username to Shane's kid now.

On another note, is that Bob Sura in the background of that pic? :D

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I was flamed for saying that :( .

13. AGBee

AGBee Member

[​IMG]

Rockets need to lock up the rights on Shane and Brent's kids now.

14. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Who cares what race Shane Battier is, forget Shane Battier

His Wife is gorgeous, one of the best in the NBA.

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

That is far from true. Of course, looks are based on personal preference. I'm not sure you've seen enough of the wives of NBA players. Go and google a few NBA players names and add "wife". In my opinion, Battier's wife is near the bottom in terms of looks. She does look pretty good in that pic but I've seen others where she looks pretty average or worse. They showed her, Alston's lady and a few others during a halftime special last season. Alston's lady was hotter for sure. Barry's wife is hotter, too. Kobe's wife, etc... And these are just off the top.

16. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

Battier is also half white as his wife is white.