1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

This....I Once Thought Like You...Oh How Bad Could It Be. I'll Deal With Crappy Service For The Short Term So I Can Watch My Rockets. Calling Customer Service Will Become A Part Time Job For You. You Will Have Multiple Reminders Set On Your Calendar To Call Them Because They Just Can't Get It Right Everyone They Fix One Issue, It Created Another.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Wow, this was shockingly tough to read. I made it through half way before my eyes couldn't take it any longer but I got your point.

So far so good for me knock on wood. As long as I can watch Rockets with no interruptions, I'm not going to complain.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is that something your phone/computer does automatically? That hurts my eyes.

But anyway:

F*** Comcast.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Who actually calls customer service anymore?

Just go online and use their chat support... far more quicker, and you don't have to worry about the accents. (of course if you're calling for broken internet, you can't go online).

I still support Comcast due to their blazing fast internet speeds, and relatively easy way to return/exchange equipment at their centers (as opposed to dish's non-existent centers).

Customer service sucks everywhere... but the online chat has made it far more palatable.

5. Classic

Classic Member

Woulda signed up but Comcast does not service my area. Their foot print sucks.

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Word
    Using Swype On My Smartphone...It Capitalizes Every Word. Yeah IM Just A Tad Bit Bitter About Comcast

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Does it cause lack of paragraphs too?

8. DouggYsTyLe06

DouggYsTyLe06 Member

Lol reading what you guys are saying makes me laugh. I did the same thing and left Directv to join Comcast just this year even though I told myself I would never in my life return to Comcast because I went a whole year last year not watching Rockets and couldn't take it anymore so I switched. I have the same problem you guys are talking about, my box sucks, after about 10 minutes of watching, everyone sounds like robots and I have to cut the box off and then on again for it to sound normal. Then I call comcast because out of nowhere half of the channels I have say "One Moment Please" and never lets me watch it so they say they will send a tech out with a new box early the next morning to switch it for me. I stay home the next morning and what do you know? nobody shows up and to this day nobody has even called to reschedule or anything. I just called yesterday to cancel them, I will be going to AT&T Uverse and getting my $200 Visa gift card, sorry rockets, wont be seeing yall til playoff time. SHOULDA NEVER DID THE DEAL WITH COMCAST

9. AnHero

AnHero Member

I hope you are a Comcast Corporate spy or some ****.

Comcast is not available barely anywhere and even if it was it sounds like pure ****.

How the f did they leave fox for this is beyond me.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Comcast is trash.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BREAKING: Comcast to buy Time Warner Cable in all stock deal. <a href="http://t.co/QN9rbTpgyH" title="http://read.bi/1dJAp1O" org_href="http://read.bi/1dJAp1O">read.bi/1dJAp1O</a></p>&mdash; Business Insider (@businessinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/433795917184262144" data-datetime="2014-02-12T20:53:00+00:00">February 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Can someone explain to me what this means for us?

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's probably good news if you have TWC. Otherwise, it's status quo.

14. NotChandlerParsons

I'm pretty sure TWC has very little market penetration in Houston so...nothing.

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

This is huge news for us Beaumont folks. I have Time Warner Cable.

I read that this may not happen till the end of the year, though.

16. RCPM

RCPM Member

Thasnk God I can finally watch some games.....**** YOU comcast....

1 person likes this.
  17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

If we get LeBron, you think that expedites the process of getting CSN on the other networks (or CSN shutting down)?

Imagine the embarrassment of acquiring the best basketball player in the world and yet only a segment of Houston can actually watch the games.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Is there any update on this situation??

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No, there isn't.