1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Incredible shrinking products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AGBee, Feb 23, 2010.

1. AGBee

AGBee Member

2. mic

mic Contributing Member

Seems like everything is shrinking in size but increasing in price these days, especially food products. And people are required to have more education and are making less.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Plenty Packs used to be 17 pieces but are now only 15.

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I switched to buying 8 packs of Gillette disposable triple blade razors. They weren't Mach 3, but I got an 8 pack or so for about 9 dollars. Recently my mom had a bunch of good coupons for Fusion razors, so I bought a few, but I don't know if I'll stick with it when I run out of the coupons. Due to the student lifestyle, I only shave twice a week, so I usually get a few weeks out of each cartridge.

It really is a rip off.

On the other hand, the gym at my university has been handing out disposable Schick Quattros for the past couple of weeks. I pick up one every time I go to the gym, so I should have a nice stockpile. :)

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Ice Cream is one of the biggest. BlueBell is the only major brand that I think still comes in a half-gallon. Most are 1.5 quarts.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I buy Personna razors. They are just as good and cheaper then the Gillette and Schick.

http://www.personna.com/personna/blades/shaving/detail/speed-3-disposable-razor/

8. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I read an article about this a few months back except the examples given were ice cream cartoons and orange juice containers. With orange juice in particular they have stream lined the shape in certain spots so that it would be hard to notice that you are getting less then you once were.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just about every candy bar that has been out in the last 20 yrs

A 3 Muskateers Bar use to be the size of a 2x4

Rocket River

10. mic

mic Contributing Member

Cheez-It boxes are way smaller than they used to be.

11. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Candy and soda prices are getting out of control. I guess it's a good thing I don't eat much candy. I stopped at a gas station, bought a 3 Musketeers Mint candy bar and it was like $1.60 after tax. I had to ask the lady "What?" when she said the price the first time.

Fast food places are getting really good at crazy prices on the sodas. Come in and try our new $1 menu, then pay $2.19 for a soda (which they fill to the top with ice if you're using the drive thru).

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I damn near beat another kid half to death with a Snickers. Those were the days!

1 person likes this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe a little more than a year ago, they turned 6oz cans of tuna into 5oz cans.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

How about Cereal, Washing Detergent, Liquid Softener, Shampoo bottles, My damn check that can't outpace inflation :) Seriously though these companies need to be put on the spot on how they are screwing the USA with less amounts but charging more.

15. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Chips ahoy are tiny compared to how they used to be. Shameful

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

to piggy back on RR's candy bar comment.. the vending machines have been going up in price slowly. But the candy bars jumped from 65 or 75 cents to 95 cents around November last year. Biggest jump i've ever seen there

And cereal, without a doubt

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

oh, this is related though different. Ever since the economy tanked, they have not only shrank products and increased their prices, but they've also repackaged them to look like cheaper products (making them more appealing to people looking for "value")

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whats up with the prizes inside Cracker Jacks? All you get now is a fake stamp.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

last one I promise.

20. lpbman

lpbman Member