1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think T-Mac has become the leader of this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GRENDEL, Nov 22, 2004.

?

Is T-Mac the leader of this team now?

1. Yes, He's jumped into the role over the last 2 games.

67 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. No, He's still finding his place.

40 vote(s)
    33.1%
  3. Undecided

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Rockets went thru a really rough patch this last week. However, this weekend they won the game with T-Mac leading the way in clutch.

Personally, I think that they Rockets were just missing that killer instinct for the Knicks and Hawks games. Seem like they've found it over the last two games.

What do you all think? Has T-Mac assumed the Leadership role of this team?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He HAS to be the leader, it is his team.

Yao can be the Pippen of this team, but is not someone that seems capable of leading a team.

DD

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

it does not matter. For the OK combination, Shaq usually did his part in the first 3 quarters and the 4th quarter was usually Kobe's time.

4. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I voted, no, since it's so early. TMac may be the best option in certain situations, like last second shots, and he often is the best at getting a shot off at all.

Yao has taken a major role at the end of games as well. He is easier to take out of the game if double or triple teamed, which forces TMac to do his thing on the perimeter.

Which is the best option? It depends on the circumstances.

But those points don't necessarily determine the leader of a team. I believe a bigger part of it is, who will step up and motivate his teammates? Who will the team feed off of the most?

5. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

all I know is... they are starting to distance themselves from the Atlanta debacle in the way they finish games... and that is a good thing

baby steps
    lose game in closing mins to Wolves and Lakers

blow a lead to the Hawks at the end

lose on a last second heave

take team to OT and win

pull away in the last minute !

If they win the next one by 10 - we know we are seeing a positive pattern

6. adai

adai Member

It is as obvious as Bush is the president of USA

7. GRENDEL

I think these past 2 games are the kind of thing that adds mounds of respect. These early games are things for him to build on and as this happens more often the rest of the team will see him as the person they want to follow, IMHO.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

don't ever write the name of any rocket player in the same sentance as Pippen:mad:

i agree that T-mac has to be the leader, i think Yao is not capable of being a leader, Just not his nature. Some are born leaders others not.

9. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

I think TMac has slowly assumed the leader role for this team and will continue to do so.

We're confusing being a leader with having to score all the points, taking all the shots.

Look at how TMac plays his game, he allows others to contribute. He lets Yao take the shots when he is on. He gets the ball to JJ, Ward when he is doubled ...yet he will take the tough shot, he will take over when he needs to.

I am sure Jeff has something to do with it but TMac is the one on the court making it happens.

On related topics, watch how he gets the ball to the open man, very smooth, very easy to catch, nothing at the shoelaces of the receiver. If the pass is to the inside to Yao, it is very soft, very easy to handle. We only play 8 games and those easy dunks Yao got from passes from TMac probably has matched his 1st 2 seasons.

10. GRENDEL

I agree and I think T-mac is filling that role in my opinion, at least in this very early part of the season.

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

That's right. There's no problem in that.

McGrady (40 min per game) - runs the floor, creates, is the scroring weapon
    Yao (32 min per game) - Anchors are interior, acts as a deterent defensivly, rebounds, and scores in the post.

12. GRENDEL

These last couple of games he been doing a very good job of creating for team mates not just going for his own shot.