1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great article on Lebron and Hakeem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Mar 2, 2012.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/03/.../landing_heat.html?blockID=678080&feedID=3682

Further talks about how Lebron really looks up to Hakeem like an older brother, and is seeking out a refresher course to further hone his post game.

But Olajuwon still believes James, 27, is just scratching the surface. With some further work, he anticipates James will be even better.

"I knew he recorded everything we worked on," Olajuwon said. "I know he's practiced it. I can see that. But the comfort level, when you get into the competition, you start playing to your strengths, which is more of (an) outside (game). I see him post up. But I still see a lot of opportunities there. He's not capitalizing as much as he should. He needs more of a refresher course where he can become more comfortable. I see him (improving his post game), but he needs more time."

"But the second year, he should be comfortable so that he's dominant inside," Olajuwon said of James using some of his moves. "He can be an animal inside. He has such tremendous talent and such a strong body that he should be punishing people in the post. There should be no answer for him. Just imagine that he's unstoppable know. But can you imagine (how much more unstoppable James could be).

"He can be in a position where you always have to double or triple-team him in the post. Here's a big guy with the ball handling (skills) of a guard. With all these new tools, he can destroy the league."

2. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

doesnt matter how much he improves his overall game, already the best player in the regular season even though i hate the way he plays.

He has no clutch gene, i am just praying and waiting for him to fail this playoffs so i can hate.

Haters gonna hate and i hate lebron james

3. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Then why is your moniker LBJ-Tmac? :confused:

4. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

i have no idea, i really hated lebron ever since he came into this league i despise everything about him and his attitude towards the game.

Have the utmost respect for personalities like Kobe and Rose when balling. Thats who all youngest should look up to if they wanna be a serious professional baller.

5. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Older Brother!?1?! Hakeem is your daddy b!tch!!

1 person likes this.
  6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i understand why James gets hated on but i think it's unwarranted. sure, the whole "decision" thing was prima-donnaesque. besides that, i don't find any arrogance in him. he plays unselfishly and above the rim. he makes everyone on his team better. he's been to the finals twice, and the first time it was him and 11 scrubs. as good as he is, he's still trying to improve under the tutelage of arguably the greatest center to ever play the game. THAT, i can respect.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think its about arrogance... I loved Jordan's arrogance, it defined him. Lebron just comes off as fake. Says things just to say things. Tries too hard. Says dumb things way too often. Doesn't seem very bright. His personality flat out seems annoying. That's where the hate comes from. Whatever it is he's built up around him.... the persona. It sucks. Its unlikeable. In fact its so bad that people managed to root for Dallas and Dirk because they dislike Lebron so much -- that's crazy.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He is the best in the league but I just don't like his game.

He just isn't as smooth as Kobe/MJ. He flops way too often, he disappears in crunch time. He isn't as fun to watch to me as those two were.

The whole "11 scrubs to the finals" is false. That supporting cast was quite solid. If you want to see terrible see a cast which had D-Leaguers in Smush Parker, Brian Cook and Kwame Brown STARTING (that team took the Suns to 7 games in the first round).

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kobe never did **** without Shaq or Gasol so your last point is not valid.

10. BleedRocketsRed

Nobody can take a team which has Smush/Cook/Kwame starting to the promise land.

The fact that they were in the playoffs is amazing. Let alone taking the Suns to 7.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    You value that more than Bron repeatedly going to the East Finals or NBA Finals? That's biased.

12. BleedRocketsRed

East is weak.

People are acting as if his supporting cast was terrible.

He had All-Star big(s) in Z and later Shaq, an All-Star second option in Mo Williams throughout most of his tenure there, really solid depth (no big names but solid NBA players).

It was NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS what Kobe had to work with in the mid-2000s.

13. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

This, he is just lucky to be born the way he is, he has worked on this game but doesnt have anywhere close to the drive to utilise all his skills and his game is extremely ugly though efficient.

All this is not really important as he has problems closing. I dont think this was even a particularly big deal when he was in cleveland cause he was never favourited so he didnt feel the pressure but all of a sudden last year when he was favourite he just became mentally weak.

He doesn't deserve championships, i hope chicago and rose can knock him out.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Developing a killer post game only helps his "clutch-ness."

If he can develop that go-to move in the post, there will be no stopping him.

15. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Lebron taking a team who's second best player was Mo Williams (who now comes off the bench for the Clippers) to the finals is SO much more impressive. If they had won that championship it would have been worth just as much as all 3 titles with Kobe and Shaq. Any any impressive stats the other cavs put up were strictly due to Lebron making them better than they were.

16. dsid411

dsid411 Member

"his game is extremely ugly though efficient." .....SO.

17. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Lebron would have taken that team to the conference finals. The only reason Lebron's cast looked anywhere near decent was because Lebron made them that way, look at all those guys since he left Cleveland...lol

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should just post up in the 4th. If he starts Dream shaking people, then Shane Batier is going to get a ring! :grin:

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Once his works ethic gets better, it will translate with his post game on the court. He already is pretty effective though when he goes down in the post.

1 person likes this.
  20. lalala902102001

Hakeem is spot on with his suggestions -- Lebron needs to get better in the post. Jordan in his prime was one of the best post-up players in the league. Lebron is bigger and stronger than MJ. In fact he has the body of a PF. With a good post game and his passing abilities he can truly take over games in the 4th quarter.