1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros at Twins August 28 to 30.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 13, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hitting up Minnesota Clutchfans. Any of y'all also Stros fans and interested in seeing the 1st place Stros take on the still contending Twins that weekend? If you're going already let me know if you would be interested in getting together for a drink near Target Field before or after the game.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Our group is doing the mascot race Friday night. We have 6 so I may bow out since I did it in May.

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I remember you mentioning you were doing the mascot race. I'm thinking about going to both Friday and Sunday games. If you do the mascot race post which one you'll be and will make sure to cheer.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I'm 2 hours south in Iowa, but that is my birthday weekend and can't think of a better way to spend it than seeing a game. This is probably the closest they get to me. Would be down for the Saturday game I think.

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Come on up from Iowa. I'm checking with my GF and other friends, unfortunately all Twins fans, to see which game they want to see. I definitely want to catch the opening night game and then might check pitching matchups to decide between Saturday, Sunday or both.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Just got tickets for Friday August 28. Am going to check out the pitching matchups to decide which other game.

Would be happy to say to hi to any Clutchfans before or after the game.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Pretty good pitching matchup tonight between Kazmir and Gibson. Tomorrow night looks good too with Fiers and Pelfry. Local MN Sports radio has been giving a lot of credit to the Stros and with Twins having fought there way back into the playoffs they are looking to try to keep the momentum going.

8. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Twins are playing good baseball, to win the series we have to play great. We have to be careful with Sano and hopefully Gattis and Gomez will continue to hit. Even if we face lefties please no Carter.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Good thing then all three Twins starters slated (Gibson, Pelfrey and Santana) are right handers.

10. bobrek

I'll be the odd man out when our group runs the mascot race tonight. 6 people, 5 spots. I bowed out since I ran earlier this year.

Where are your tickets? We are in the Champion's Club tonight and the Delta Lounge Saturday and Sunday.

11. TOP

TOP Member

Nothing against the Twins really. Kirby Puckett.

With that being said, if they cost us a playoff spot or they take 2 of 3 this series, they can sit on it.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Nothing nearly as sweet as your seats. I'll be in row 3 of section 304.

Thinking about to the game tomorrow night to see Fiers but haven't gotten tickets for that.

13. bobrek

I sent you an email.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Correa with ANOTHER day off. Hmmmmm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Correa rests
    <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> lineup for Twins.
    4 Altuve
    5 Lowrie
    DH Gattis
    9 Rasmus
    8 Gomez
    3 Valbuena
    6 Gonzalez
    2 Castro
    7 Marisnick
    LHP Kazmir</p>&mdash; Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) <a href="https://twitter.com/OrtizKicks/status/637364682802642944">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

I had even said something to the effect in May that one of the mascots was lacking confidence. What were the odds?

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Correa being out again is a little concerning. Hope Hinch can clarify some things pregame.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Correa is out of the lineup with left hamstring soreness. Said it wasn't a particular play, part of the everyday grind. Manager's decision.</p>&mdash; Julia Morales (@JuliaMoralesRS) <a href="https://twitter.com/JuliaMoralesRS/status/637371462618378244">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. right1

right1 Member

Not a particular play? Not on one of those throws by Carter when he got up clutching his hamstring? Hmmm. Maybe two particular plays.

19. conquistador#11

:(carter strikes again but yeah everyday grind.

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Damn you Carter!!