1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sergio Llull: 2010-2011 Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FishBulb913, May 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

What is the latest on this?

I'm guessing it won't happen unless Brooks or Lowry leaves but has there been any news either way?

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Two words: Trade Bait

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's under contract with Real Madrid till 2011. maybe 2011-12 he'll come over.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

They have buy outs for a reason! have hope! lol

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

WORD!

6. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

One more year under contract with Real Madrid I think. Still, I think he could be really good. I was arguing with a friend a week ago about how Llull (whose rights we already own) would be a better value than what the Rockets would have to give up to get Rubio. Depending upon whom you ask, Sergio might be better. Other than assists, his numbers are better than Rubio's.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he is nowhere near the defender that rubio is and he isn't better.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Assists and Steals are better. It's not a small difference either. Rubio gets assists at twice the rate of Llull.

It's like saying, that pg is not much better, he only gets 6 asts while this guy gets 3 asts and everything else is nearly the same.

9. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Llull has definitely proved that he's NBA talent...ere' go I believe he should be used as trade bait...we're already stacked PG wise.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

You don't trade assets while their value is low. You trade them at peak value.

Morey is a smart GM. He's much more likely to trade Lowry or Brooks, who have significant value. And then have Llul come in to replacement.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i saw your sig...is there any reason why anyone should respond to this seriously?

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

We don't need him if we still have Brooks and Lowry. Why bring him over and sit him on the bench and risk having him b**** and whine like V-Span did?

13. Chamillionaire

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1oQD2skTnvI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1oQD2skTnvI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

14. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

Agreed. I'm not saying Llull is better than Rubio, but a lot of trade assets would have to be used to get Rubio (if Morey still has eyes for him) that would be better spent on other players. If Morey likes the improvement of Brooks enough to stick with him as a starter and Lowry finds himself elsewhere (though Morey has said he'll match offers), Llull could really be a solid contributor off the bench.

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Just a couple of beliefs of mine:
    1) I think he will be as good as AB a year after coming, and
    2) I think we will make it happen this year, because we are in position to cash in a number of assets to bring us to championship level, this year or next. Specifically, I see bringing Llull over so that we can trade AB.

I think we need to be prudent, and I expect DM will be so. I think there will be a couple of good deals out there for high-level players to go with Yao. I can see something like this:

5) Yao/Hassan Whiteside
    4) Scola/Hayes/Jeffries
    3) Joe Johnson/Ariza/Budinger
    2) Martin/Nate Robinson
    1) Llull/Lowry

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

The L&L Boys will be back!

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Who says his value is low??? If anything, his value is fairly high right now, as many believe he is one of the top foreign players whose NBA rights are currently held by an NBA team.

Also, weren't there rumblings that Bryan Colangelo really likes Llull?

Sure, it would be nice to have Sergio in a Rockets uniform one day, but I can add 2 + 2.

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

ATST, Llull's value is low because he is an unknown. As such, he might turn out to be less than what we hope. In such a case, it would turn out to have been better to trade him when his maximum future value is unclear.

But, I get your point.

19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

if they feel the need to?

20. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Shouldn't we bring him over for at least a little bit to showcase him for a trade though? He won't fetch much at all if no one knows what he can do against NBA talent.