1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets/Lakers game]Largest crowd in Rockets history.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scv_rockets, Mar 16, 2008.

1. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Today's attendance of 18,409 is now the largest crowd in Houston Rockets history. The mark passed the previous record which was 18,402 at last month's game against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Hands down, the loudest I've EVER heard a Rockets game at Toyota Center.

From Rockets.com:
    [​IMG]

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Waiting for the nielsen ratings to come out for todays game ...might end up being the most watched regular season NBA game on ABC

I think Tuesday's game on TNT has a chance to bring top ratings also

Best of the East v. Best of the West .......best record 50-12 v. 22 game win streak ......doesn't get any better than that

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

7 people how do they figure something like that out? hey we sold out lets let in 3 more guys and have them stand now its official the largest crowd ever!

4. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

was it sold out? or do the games always sell out?

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

actually it was interesting how they added more seats, they put a platform behind the last row of some upper section seats, and put fold down chairs to add more in attendance, at least thats what I noticed today when i walked down the stairs in my section.

6. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

It was a sell out. Anything above 18,200 I believe is considered an official sell out.

7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I believe the system works like this.

A game could be sold out by having all the tickets purchased beforehand and some people having to miss out on the game for some reason. If you've noticed that when you go to a Rockets game they scan your tickets. So I'm guessing that even though a game could be sold out they just add up all the scanned tickets to figure out the total attendance.

Thats just what i think im not sure.

8. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

the crowd seemed fantastic on ABC....

anywho- did y'all who watched the ABC broadcast see the guy holding the sign reading:

[B]"KOBE FOR GOVERNOR OF NEW YORK!"[/B]

lmao! has to be the funniest sign ever!

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

[​IMG]

Cleaned up wallpaper; set center and fill extra space with black.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was there. It was ridiculous. Made the TAMU/UT basketball game sound like crickets are chirping.

11. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I think the rockets was louder but the the crowd at the tamu/ut game were more active